- The tallest man in the United States was 234.5 cm, and his height was due to a tumor
- Igor Vovkovinsky was also known as “Barack Obama’s biggest fan”.
- He described in the media how difficult the life of a person like him was. – I must always think: Am I risking my life? Nothing matches my height – I admit
- You can find more such stories on the homepage of Onet.pl
– Brother Ole was with him until the end. A few hours before Igor’s death, his wife and children visited the place. Igor was glad to see them, and although he found it difficult to tell, he tried to joke with his nephew, Andrei, about whether he had learned the Ukrainian language during his month in Ukraine, we read in Svetlana Vovkovinska’s Facebook post.
At the age of seven, Igor Vovkovinsky from Ukraine came to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, in search of treatment. The reason for its abnormally rapid development was the pressure of the tumor on the pituitary gland, resulting in abnormal levels of growth hormone. Igor’s height stopped at only 234.5 cm.
“The biggest Obama fan in the world”
During the presidential campaign United States of America w 2009 p. Barack Obama Igor noticed in the crowd. Vovkovinsky wore a T-shirt that read “The world’s biggest Obama fan”. In the same year, he appeared on the program “Advise Dr. Oz”, where similar health anomalies were shown. The judge of the Guinness Book of Records, who recognized Yegor as the tallest man in the United States, was also invited to participate in the program. Then it gained great popularity.
Fortunately, fame did not translate to consecutive years of life. In 2012, Igor filed an appeal for help with the costs of shoes that were to be prepared specifically for him. Vovkovinskiy said he hadn’t had a pair of shoes in years, because manufacturers don’t make such large sizes. An order from 16 thousand Internet users. dollars, contributors raised more than twice that, and Reebok made special shoes for free.
Igor Vovkovinsky during a foot measurement by Reebok experts
Igor Vovkovinsky: Everything is a challenge for me
In an interview with “60 Minutes Australia” he talked about the fear he felt during the simplest activities each day. – I must always think: Am I risking my life? Nothing fits my height, said Vovkovinskiy, everything is a challenge.
Vovkovinskiy became an actor. The most famous film with his participation is “Hall Pass”, a comedy from 2011. Later, Igor was already mainly in commercials.
His older brother told the daily “Star Tribune” how his brother traveled to Ukraine and became a celebrity there because of his height. He also noted that “Igor would rather live a normal life than be recognizable.”
The tallest people in the world
According to the Guinness Book of Records, the tallest man in the world is Sultan Kosen from Turkey, whose height is almost 2.5 meters. According to this source, Robert Pershing Wadlow was the tallest man in history, whose height was 2.7 meters. He died in 1940 at the age of 22.
Urdu: The Guardian, 60 minutes in Australia
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”
Germany. Mecklenburg-Vorpommern PM: Chancellor Merkel’s government also wants the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline
Chinese peace plan. Putin: It can be considered the basis for resolving the conflict
Reforming the retirement system in France and a vote of no confidence in the government. Protests in Paris and other cities