Twilight Cable Specials
Posted by: PuppetMaster
ReelZChannel is cashing in on twilight mania by running a whole series of Twilight speciaals tied into their programming. Below is a list of the shows that will be airing with Twilight Goodies and information all week long
- "Secret's Out" (Friday, November 21, 9 p.m. ET/PT). Hosted by renowned movie critic Leonard Maltin, the series spotlights those movie gems that, while they didn't make box-office history, deserve the attention of movie fans. For "Twilight Week," Maltin will review hidden gem movies featuring the cast of Twilight including Kristen Stewart (Into the Wild; Zathura: A Space Adventure); Elizabeth Reaser (Sweet Land, Puccini for Beginners); Nikki Reed (Thirteen); Peter Facinelli (Dancer, Texas Pop 81); and Edi Gathegi (Gone Baby Gone).
- "Dailies" (weekdays beginning Monday, November 17, 8 p.m. ET/PT) "Dailies" is ReelzChannel's signature daily movie news and information show. Throughout "Twilight Week" the "Dailies" team will present interviews, behind-the-scenes reports and special Twilight-themed segments including: a background "who's who" in the cast; red carpet coverage of the movie's Los Angeles gala premiere; interviews with cast members including lead actor Robert Pattinson, lead actress Kristen Stewart, and director Catherine Hardwicke; and a segment on Twilight's "Bad Guy and Girl Vampires," starring Edi Gathegi, Cam Gigandet and Rachel Lefevre. In addition, the "Ultimate Twilight Fan" - selected from among the nationwide entries submitted to ReelzChannel -- will be revealed Thursday, November 20 in a special interview feature.
- "Movie Mob" (Monday, November 17, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT) Criticism and passions always run high during this series, the first to feature an all-online cast who vie each week to keep their coveted spots as movie critics. Hosted by Sara Fletcher, the series will spotlight the Twilight trailer as it tees up the series' November 24 episode in which members of the Mob will go head-to-head in voicing their opinions about the much-hyped movie.
- "The Big Tease" (Wednesday, November 19, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT) Jill Simonian and Jeremy Parsons host a lively half-hour original series dedicated to the beloved movie trailer. This special edition of the show celebrates vampires in the movies with a look at the varied portrayals of vampires in movies over the years. Featured: Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise (Interview with the Vampire), Gary Oldman (Bram Stoker's Dracula), Kiefer Sutherland (The Lost Boys), and Kate Beckinsale (Underworld).
- "ReelzChannel Spotlight: Twilight" (Thursday, November 20, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT) "Dailies"' Jill Simonian and Naibe Reynoso, on-location from Borders bookstore in Hollywood, will have in-depth, behind-the-scenes coverage of Twilight from its beginnings as a best-selling book to the highly anticipated first movie adaptation. Viewers will be able to visit with the cast on-set during filming, at Comic Con in San Diego and at the movie's red carpet premiere. Also, the episode examines the fervor with which fans of the book series have expressed their passion and excitement in their numerous web sites. "ReelzChannel Spotlight: Twilight" will also visit with the "Ultimate Twilight Fan," selected from among the submissions received from fans around the country.
- "Movie Up" (Friday, November 21, 9:30 p.m., ET/PT) Hosted by Tory Shulman, this series is the definitive home-entertainment guide to what's new and hot on DVD, VOD/PPV and premium channels. In a special salute to Twilight, the series looks back at myriad classic vampire flicks including Blacula, Once Bitten (with Jim Carrey) and Interview with the Vampire (with Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise).