WWE SmackDown in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Commentators are Michael Cole and Wade Barrett.
– Tonight on WWE SmackDown, the blue show begins with the commentators welcoming us and reminding us that John Cena will face Solo Chikova at the Crown Jewel. Roman Reigns’ music then plays Tribal leader Paul enters along with Heyman… but he’s interrupted by LA Knight, who comes over and sits at the head of the table.
Nick Altis is in the ring and signs the Crown Jewel contract between Roman Reigns and LA Knight. The latter signed the treaty directly and then forwarded it to the Roman ruler.
Did Roman Reigns ever sign him to a contract and did he ever hold the championship? He didn’t think so, LA Knight had no idea what was going on! But they’re going to do it right the first time. Roman Reigns signs the contract and then gives it to Nick Aldis.
Roman Reigns is about to get up, but LA Knight tells him he’s at the end of the table and Reigns can recognize him. If Roman Reigns takes him for granted, he’s literally already beaten. At Crown Jewel, Reigns will wonder what happened as LA Knight walks off with his championship.
Roman Reigns sends LA Knight through the table and attacks him. He finds a table under the ring and sets it up in the ring. LA Knight manages to get the upper hand, but Jimmy Uzo comes in to defend Roman Reigns…except LA Knight counters a hold and puts him through the table!
Tag Team Match
LWO (Carlito & Santos Escobar) vs Street Profits (Montes Ford & Angelo Dawkins)
During the match, Rey Mysterio watches the match from the sidelines, but Logan Paul comes in to attack him! Carlito leaves the match to join Mysterio, and Santos Escobar continues alone.
At the end of the match, Montez avoided a jump from Ford Santos Escobar and then Street Profits performed their reveal on him to win by pinfall.
Winners: Street Profits
– Backstage, we see Roman Reigns and Paul Heyman. Jimmy Uso joins them and lays down on the couch. Roman Reigns tells him to deal with it or he’ll bleed him. Jimmy Uso tells him he’s on the injured list, but Roman Reigns asks Paul Heyman to arrange a match between LA Knight and Jimmy Uso.
– Backstage, Logan Paul is interviewed by Kathy Kelly to talk about the attack on Rey Mysterio, but Paul keeps walking. He meets Kevin Owens and then leaves. Austin Thierry and Grayson Waller join Owens, who says he wants to hit them both at the same time. Officials come in to separate them but Kevin Owens comes back and punches both wrestlers.
– Behind the scenes, we see Dragon Lee in an interview. He is interrupted by Cedric Alexander, who says that Lee reminds him of his WWE debut. Cedric Alexander challenges him and Dragon Lee accepts.
Chelsea Green With Piper Niven vs Shadzi
Late in the match, Chelsea Green pinned Shotsey, but he rolled him up for the win.
– John Cena enters and reminds us that we’re a week away from the Crown Jewel. There is a special energy, a special excitement in the arena tonight. Tonight is special for him, seriously. We were behind him for 20 years, we supported him when he needed it most, and most importantly, we paid him respect. But he fears losing our support for the first time in 20 years. The crowd chants “You can still do it” and John Cena says “What if you don’t?” If he doesn’t fulfill his promises then he will lose the respect of the fans but he doesn’t want to lose it. He wants to stay in WWE, so there’s only one thing to do: win the Crown Jewel.
Paul Heyman comes in and introduces himself. Heyman says John Cena makes history better, thanks to tonight’s sellout and years of sold-out arenas. John Cena was the man until he faced Roman Reigns at SummerSlam, and that night proved he wasn’t the best in the ring. John Cena won’t win the Crown Jewel, this isn’t a prediction, it’s a spoiler.
Dragon Lee vs Cedric Alexander
Towards the end of the match, Cedric Alexander counters the Dragon Lee hold and then tries the Michinoku Driver. Dragon Lee counters him with a roll-up and Alexander gets up and tries a reversal. Lee gets up and follows his Destino with a knee to the back to win by pinfall.
Winner: Dragon Lee
– We see what happened last week between Ayo Skye and Charlotte Flair, then Bianca Belaire returns.
– Bianca Belaire enters and takes the microphone. He tells us he’s excited to be back on SmackDown. She shows us footage of her damage CTRL attack from two months ago. Bianca Belaire says it’s always hard to watch. Two weeks after losing the title to Io Skye, she was hit with a cash payout. It did something to him physically and mentally. For the first time in her life, she had to stay at home. But if she falls on the ground, she gets up immediately.
She wanted revenge and that’s what drove her to get up every day to train and return to SmackDown. She was able to talk to Nick Altice about getting revenge. Bianca Belaire takes on Io Skye at Crown Jewel. She faces Bayley next week. Her revenge won’t be complete until she reclaims her title.
– Next week on SmackDown: Bianca Belaire vs Bayley / Weigh-in between Rey Mysterio and Logan Paul.
Jimmy Uso vs LA Knight
At the end of the match, Jimmy Uso splashed LA Knight off the top rope and attempted a pin, but LA Knight got up. Jimmy Uso climbs back to the top rope, but LA Knight gets up and goes to join him for a superplex, followed by his BFT pinfall for the win.
Winner: LA Knight
– After the match, LA Knight celebrates his victory, but Roman Reigns spears him from behind. The show ends like this.
Photo credit: WWE
“Pop culture practitioner. Award-winning tv junkie. Creator. Devoted food geek. Twitter lover. Beer enthusiast.”