The first important event summarizing the past 11 months has just been completed. The best games of 2023 received the Golden Joystick Awards 2023, and during the ceremony, representatives of development companies around the world received “Golden Joysticks.”
The Golden Joystick Awards were known as the People’s Gaming Awards until a few years ago. This event started in 1983, and in fact, it is the GJA that started a wonderful series of events during which the best games of the previous months are awarded.
In 2023, we will see fierce competition, because in the period from January to November, the big games that can win the most important statues debut systematically.
Many products recognized by players and critics competed for an award, the most important of which was the Golden Joystick Awards 2023 – the final game of 2023. The nominations included the following games: Baldur’s Gate 3, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2., Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Alan Wake 2, Resident Evil 4, Cocoon, Starfield, Final Fantasy XVI, Diablo IV, Forza Motorsport, Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon, Assassin’s Creed Mirage, Super Mario Bros. Wonder, Street Fighter 6, Metroid Prime Remastered, Hi-Fi RUSH, Lords Of The Fallen, Dead Space, and Sea of Stars.
Great games have been debuting on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series According to the Golden Joystick Awards 2023, the best title was Baldur’s Gate 3.
These are the full results of the Golden Joystick Awards 2023:
- Best Nonfiction – Baldur’s Gate 3
- Prize Still Playing – No Man’s Sky
- Best Visual Design – Baldur’s Gate 3
- Studio of the Year – Larian Studios
- Best Game Expansion – Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
- Best Indie Game – Sea of Stars
- Best VR Game: Horizon Call of the Mountain
- Best Multiplayer Game: Mortal Kombat 1
- Best Soundtrack – Final Fantasy XVI
- Best Game Trailer – Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
- Best Live Streaming Game – Valorant
- Best Gaming Community – Baldur’s Gate 3
- Best Gaming Consoles – PSVR 2
- Breakthrough Prize – Cocoon/Engineered Interactive
- Critics’ Choice Award – Alan Wake II
- Best Lead Performance – Ben Starr, Final Fantasy XVI
- Best Supporting Performance: Neil Newburn, Astarion, Baldur’s Gate 3
- Nintendo Game of the Year – The Legend of Zelda: Kingdom Tears
- Best PC Game of the Year – Baldur’s Gate 3
- Xbox Game of the Year – Starfield
- PlayStation game of the year – Resident Evil 4
- Most requested game – Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
- Best Game of 2023 – Baldur’s Gate 3
Baldur’s Gate 3 not only won the most important award, but also most of them – Ultimate Game of the Year 2023, Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design, Best Gaming Community, Best Supporting Performance, and Best PC Game of the Year.
CD Projekt RED returns from the event with two awards – Best Game Expansion and Best Game Trailer (Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty).
Interestingly, Starfield took home the award for Xbox Game of the Year, but the statue for PlayStation Game of the Year went to Resident Evil 4. In the case of Nintendo Game of the Year, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom won.
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”