- TV license fee audits take place, but more often in businesses than in the homes of ordinary Poles.
- This is one of the interesting facts that Poczta Polska wrote about in a post revealing the secret of the inspection process.
- Poczta Polska admits that there are not many controllers and they are never postmen, as is commonly thought.
Television licensing controls have been a topic in the media for years. Knowledge about the visits of inspectors among the citizens of our country consists of many unknowns, some of them truth and many myths. Poczta Polska, an institution mandated on behalf of the National Broadcasting Council to monitor the implementation of the subscription obligation, decided to respond to this and dispel the unknown.
Poczta Polska published on its official website a description of what RTV subscription control really looks like, who the controllers are, and confronted the myths circulating on this topic. For example, it turned out that there were only a few dozen inspectors dealing with this issue in Poland. – No more than a few dozen controllers carry out missions across the country – Confirms Polish Post. It is also worth emphasizing that there are no postmen among the inspectors.
The RTV subscription is checked by Poczta Polska employees authorized for this task, who have the appropriate screening rights. He has been released Based on the ruling of the Supreme Administrative Court Dated 12 March 2015, II GSK 208/14 in accordance with Art. 2 Law Section No. 2 of 2005 regarding licensing fees
Moreover, Boczta Polska admits this Number of payment failures Television license fees It hasn’t grown much at all in recent years. It’s just the opposite. The Post Office admitted that from year to year there is a slight but still decrease in the number of penalties imposed.
An interesting fact may be that ordinary Poles are not the ones who should be most afraid of Poczta Polska inspectors in their homes. Although RTV license checks are also conducted for citizens Companies are primarily targeted.
– By law, the duty to register receivers and the obligation to carry out inspections apply to all users of RTV receivers. However, Poczta Polska mainly focuses on companies and institutions. Number of inspections in families It is negligible and only constitutes a percentage of all inspections – Revealed by Poczta Polska.
When it comes to RTV subscriptions, one of the most common myths, as Poczta Polska pointed out, is that even if we have a TV, We do not operate TVP and Polish Radio, and we do not have to pay Television license fees. This is a mistake. Anyone who owns a TV, even if they use it as a screen to watch Netflix or an additional screen for their computer, still has to pay an RTV license fee.
– The purchased TV receiver allows you to receive TV. The law establishes a presumption of use – a person who has a radio or television receiver in a condition capable of immediate reception of the program is presumed to be using the receiver. Therefore, according to applicable law, it must be registered – explains Poczta Polska.
So, even if we have a working TV at home but we don’t use it at all, We have to pay RTV license fees. The same applies to radio – Even a device that has been silent for several months must be registered and paid for.
Poczta Polska mentions this as well Someone pays RTV subscription You can count on more favorable conditions in advance throughout the yearThan if she paid every month. Discounts are also available for those paying RTV subscriptions for periods longer than one month. The subscription itself must be paid by the 25th of the month.
– Pay the RTV license fee for the entire year in advance on the specified day in January It is rewarded with a 10% discount. The most financially beneficial solution is to pay for a full year’s subscription up frontHowever, you can also take advantage of other discounts for paying fees for longer than one month – sums up Poczta Polska.
monthly The cost of subscribing to RTV is PLN 27.30 for a TV and PLN 8.70 for a radio; These rates are also scheduled to remain unchanged in 2024. If we have an unregistered receiver or register our TV or radio, but do not pay the RTV license fee, we may face a high penalty. this Polish zloty 261 For radio And PLN 819 for TV If it appears.
Echo Richards embodies a personality that is a delightful contradiction: a humble musicaholic who never brags about her expansive knowledge of both classic and contemporary tunes. Infuriatingly modest, one would never know from a mere conversation how deeply entrenched she is in the world of music. This passion seamlessly translates into her problem-solving skills, with Echo often drawing inspiration from melodies and rhythms. A voracious reader, she dives deep into literature, using stories to influence her own hardcore writing. Her spirited advocacy for alcohol isn’t about mere indulgence, but about celebrating life’s poignant moments.