WWE SmackDown New Orleans, Louisiana
Commentators are Michael Cole and Wade Barrett.
– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown starts with a car crash in the Blue Show parking lot. In it we see an injured Carrion Cross with Scarlett. Drew McIntyre comes back and goes after Cross, but the officers separate them.
– The Smackdown intro plays and then pyros explode. The commentators welcome us and we relive the end of the match between Karrion Kross and Drew McIntyre at Extreme Rules. A Fatal 4-Way will take place later in the evening to determine the next Intercontinental Title Challenger with Ricochet, Sheamus, Karrion Kross and Solo Sikoa. Let’s go back to Bray Wyatt on SmackDown!
– A new day is entering. Kofi Kingston recalled that they were the longest tag team champions at 483 days. Xavier Woods says this record is important to them because it is their legacy and their legacy will be strong forever.
– In Guerrilla mode, Solo Chikova is with Sami Zayn, and Jey Uso joins them. Zayn Solo tells Chikova to get ready for her match. Zayn tells Jey Uso to come with him and doesn’t want to see what he did on RAW. Jey Uso replied that he didn’t do anything because Zayn said he would take care of it.
Sami Zayn gets called on the phone by Roman Reigns who wants to talk to Jey Uso. Sami hands Zayn’s phone to Jey Uso. The latter tells Reigns that Sami Zayn said he’ll take care of it, even though Reigns told him to make sure Zayn wins. Jey Uso argues, but he shuts up and Sami hands the phone back to Zayn.
Kofi Kingston (with Xavier Woods) vs. Sami Zayn (with Jey Uso)
At the end of the match, Sami Zayn avoids Kofi Kingston’s A Trouble in Paradise. Jey Uso pushes the wrestlers, so Sami Zayn hits a pinfall on Kofi Kingston who wins.
Winner: Sammy Jain
– Backstage, Triple H is in front of his office door. Rey Mysterio stops him and tells him about his history with Dominic and tells him that he doesn’t want to face his son. He can still see the boy jumping on his lap. He can’t go on anymore. He’s sorry…he loves WWE, it’s his home. Resigns! Triple H called him into his office to talk about it, there had to be another solution.
– Backstage, Shadzi welcomes Roxanne Perez to SmackDown. Rockwell Rodriguez joins them, and Roxanne Perez announces that she has chosen Rodriguez to face Cora Jade on NXT. Damage Control shows up and Bayley says that when Roxanne chose Rockwell Rodriguez, she chose her! Roxanne Perez, she may have chosen her… but she continues to be a failure. Bailey says she believes Roxanne brought her dress tonight.
2-on-1 handicap competition
Braun Strowman vs. James Maverick and Brian Thomas (Local Wrestlers)
At the end of the match, Omos and MVP appeared in the crowd. Braun Strowman powerbombs one of the two wrestlers to win by pinfall.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– After the match, Braun Strowman invites Omos into the ring. Omos is about to come in, but MVP stops him and says that Braun Strowman is calling himself out The monster of all monsters… But did he see Omos? Strowman looks ordinary next to him.
– A video of the match between Brawling Brutes and Imperium at Extreme Rules is shown.
– Behind the scenes, Sami Zayn, Jey Uso and Solo Chikova are together. Jey Uso tells Zayn to thank him, but Sami replies that Zayn won on his own. Solo Sikova says she didn’t see anything because she was looking at Sami Zayn. The latter claims that Solo Chikova is the next Intercontinental Champion.
månsôör (with ma.cé and Maxxine Dupri) vs. LA Knight
At the end of the match, LA Knight did his BFT on månsôör for the pinfall win.
Winner: LA Knight
– We see Bray Wyatt return to Extreme Rules.
6-woman tag team match
Damage Control (Bayley, Io Skye & Dakota Guy) vs. Shadzi, Raquel Rodriguez & Roxanne Perez
At the end of the match, Bayley wanted to do her rose plant on Roxanne Perez, but the NXT wrestler countered her with a roll up, Bayley was able to win again.
Winners: Damage Control
– A video airs of the match between Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey at Extreme Rules and another at Viking Riders.
– Hit Row is in the ring. Legado Del Fantasma enters, but a brawl breaks out at ringside! Once in the ring, the referee rings the bell tower.
Tag Team Match
Hit Row (Ashante Adonis & Top Dola) (w/ B-Fab) vs Legato del Fantasma (Cruz del Toro & Joaquin Wilde) (w/ Santos Escobar & Jelena Vega)
At the end of the match, Cruz del Toro and Joaquin Wild hit a double superkick on Top Dalla to win by pinfall.
Winners: Legado Del Fantasma
– Backstage, Kayla Braxton is with Sonya Deville, who tells Liv Morgan that she had chances and failed. She had a chance at Extreme Rules to show why she should be champion, but she didn’t do it. Liv Morgan Attacks Sonia Deville! The former champion plants Devil on a table and Sonya climbs onto the set to make a Swanton on Devil!
– Video of the match between Matt Riddle and Seth Rollins airs.
– Ricochet, Sheamus and Solo Chikova enter. The announcer reveals that Carrion Cross will not be able to fight tonight He will be replaced by…Rey Msterio !
Fatal 4-Way Match
The winner will qualify for a match for the Intercontinental title
Ricochet Vs. Sheamus Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Solo Chikova
At the end of the match, Sami Zayn and Ricochet interfere on behalf of Solo Chikova, but security comes to drag them away. In the ring, Rey Mysterio tries to hit the 619 on Ricochet.
Winner: Rey Mysterio
– NEXT WEEK: Logan Paul/Tamaka Control will play for the Women’s Tag Team Titles against Shadzi and Raquel Rodriguez/Liv Morgan will play against Sonya Deville.
– Bray Wyatt debuts new music. He takes the microphone and says we are seeing his real self for the first time. He has lost many things over the past few years. He lost his career, self-confidence and two people closest to him. He thought everything he did in WWE was pointless, nobody cared what he did… he did it wrong! When he’s done feeling sorry for himself, he returns to the real world and people say “thank you bray” and ask him when he’s coming home. People came to see him and thanked him for saving their lives because they were going through a difficult period.
He can be there today and look us in the eye: we were there when he was depressed. He thanked us and we saved his life. Every time he tried to run and hide, we found him. We are the cause… A video appears on the giant screen. A male voice tells Bray Wyatt that his life is over. He doesn’t know who he’s dealing with, but he does.
Photo credit: WWE
“Pop culture practitioner. Award-winning tv junkie. Creator. Devoted food geek. Twitter lover. Beer enthusiast.”