- The crime happened on Friday night
- Officers identified the deaths of 18-year-old Zackiz Cheryl and his 15-year-old brother Tavarius.
- One of the suspects in their murder, Christian Akil Johnson, 29, was also killed in the shooting. It is not yet known what happened to the second alleged perpetrator
- More such stories can be found on the homepage of Onet.pl
According to the survivors, Johnson and another knocked on the front door and entered the apartment with weapons in hand. “One of the motives being taken into account is theft,” police said, according to the Associated Press.
Sherrill’s mother, 40, and their two sisters, 16 and 20, and a 13-year-old brother were injured in the shooting. According to the officers, all the wounded are expected to recover. They were taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center. They are in stable condition.
As NBC News added, no signs of the burglary were found. The officers recovered two pistols.
In a later statement, the Tennessee newspaper, published in Nashville, reported three rifles found in the apartment by police. Citing a city public school spokesperson, he wrote that the brothers who died were studying at Pearl Cohen Public High School. Recently, they studied at the WA Bass Center for Alternative Education for Backward Students. They were – respectively – in the ninth and twelfth grades.
In Davidson County, where Nashville is located, this year, 491 shooting victims, including murder, were reported as of November 20, according to police data cited by the ABC. The previous 11-year average was 332.
The mayor’s office tweeted that law enforcement agencies across the county are trying to help find anyone who may have been involved in the “fatal accident.”
Police Department spokeswoman Kristen Mumford explained at a news conference that investigators are working to find out what happened before the shooting.
– We have some leads, we do interviews, we talk to people. Mumford pleaded that we really wanted to speak to anyone who had left the scene or had information about what happened in the apartment.
We are glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”