- The Netherlands faced a similar number of infections a year ago. – But there is a difference, we did not vaccinate at that time. Mark Rutte said, You have to do it for yourself and for others
- You will still need to show your Sanitary Pass before entering a restaurant, cinema, club or gym
- At the same time, all shops, service establishments and events must be closed by 5.00 pm. However, supermarkets may open until 20.00
- Sports competitions may continue, but without public participation
The prime minister said that a year ago in a similar period, the number of coronavirus cases also rose sharply. – But there is a difference, we did not vaccinate at that time. You have to do it for yourself and for others, said the Prime Minister.
– The new rules will be frustrating, but we have no choice – the prime minister said and informed that from next Sunday, all previous restrictions will be kept and more will be introduced.
You will still need to show your Sanitary Pass before entering a restaurant, cinema, club or gym. At the same time, all shops, service establishments and events must be closed by 5.00 pm. However, supermarkets may open until 20.00.
Sports competitions may continue, but without public participation. The government also recommends refraining from going on vacation and working from home. Masks must be worn in all public places. There is also a rule to maintain a social distance of 1.5 metres.
The Prime Minister also announced a broad package of financial support for companies that will suffer from another blockade. “She will be generous and practical,” said Ruti. There were no sums, but De Telegraaf says the amount is more than 2 billion euros.
Because of the congestion in the center of The Hague, near the place of the press conference, the mayor of the city issued an emergency order. Police may use preventative checks, and any gatherings have been banned.
Crowds gather in the center of The Hague, near the venue of the press conference
A new injury was recorded in the Netherlands
The National Institute of Public Health (RIVM) reported that a new record for coronavirus infections was broken in the Netherlands on Wednesday, with 23,789 infections detected that day, the highest number since the beginning of the pandemic. The whole of the Netherlands is shown in dark red on the European map of coronavirus risks.
On Friday, Health Minister Hugo de Jonge also announced a ban on flights from South African countries. the reason is A new type of COVID-19 is spreading in six African countries, called Omikron by the World Health Organization.
The restrictions are effective immediately. The landing ban applies to flights from South Africa, Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Namibia and Zimbabwe.
The minister stressed that the virus had not yet mutated in the Netherlands, but he was concerned about the speed of its spread in Africa.
“Infuriatingly humble musicaholic. Problem solver. Reader. Hardcore writer. Alcohol evangelist.”
The dispute over the port of Elplage. “We will not nationalize”
Fire in Łapy. in the Mujahideen. A car and truck burned down on Scout Street. look at the pictures
Experience the short working time. Employees do not want to go back to the old system