WWE Birmingham, Alabama
Commentators are Corey Graves and Wade Barrett.
– Tonight's WWE SmackDown, the blue show kicks off with the commentators welcoming us. Footage of the 2024 Royal Rumble then airs and Logan Paul (still the United States Champion) enters. He takes the microphone and says he underestimated Kevin Owens. You might think he's a crazy donut, but Owens was able to outfight him. Kevin Owens hurt him more than Floyd Mayweather! He made him bleed… but he lost and Logan Paul is still our US Champion! He is one of the strongest figures in this weak list. Everyone is affected except him.
Kevin Owens' music hits and he comes with a microphone. Kevin Owens said he couldn't have won the title at the Royal Rumble, but he beat Logan Paul. Defeat him to become the champion. Logan Paul responds that Kevin Owens didn't take advantage of an opportunity he had. Kevin Owens talks about Logan Paul cheating and the fans are mad at the ref but says he did his job. The next time they get in the ring together, he won't need brass knuckles to kick ass!
Logan Paul responds that Kevin Owens won't get a second chance. He will focus on what he is doing and find a real challenge. He's going to let his competition go, and he's going to comment on it.
– Logan Paul is at the commentary desk for the next match.
Kevin Owens vs Austin Theory Grayson was with Waller
At the end of the match, Grayson Waller distracts the referee while Logan Paul gives Austin Theory a brass knuckle. Kevin Owens takes the brass knuckles from him and superkicks Austin Theory. Logan Paul distracts the referee and Grayson Waller gets on the ring apron. Owens knocks him down and Theory tries a roll up. Owens manages to avoid him and hits him with brass knuckles for the win.
Winner: Kevin Owens
– After the match, Logan Paul runs through the crowd.
– Footage of Naomi's return to the Royal Rumble is shown.
– Backstage, Naomi comes out of Nick Aldiz's office with her Smackdown contract in hand. Tiffany Stratton also comes out and informs the wrestlers that she has signed the Blue Show. She hits Michin and then Nick Altice comes to separate them. Michin wants a match against Tiffany Stratton.
– Backstage, Bianca Belair is with Nick Altice and wants a match against Io Skye. Logan Paul cuts her off and tells Nick Altice to treat his leading stars like stars.
– Behind the scenes, we see Legado del Fantasma in a restaurant. Santos Escobar welcomes Elektra Lopez. They must carry the legacy of their fathers, grandfathers, brothers, sisters and Lucha Libre. That's why they need to destroy the LWO.
Fatal 4-Way Championship Qualifier
Freddy Deadly (Kid Wilson & Elton Prince) vs. Pete Dunne & Tyler Bad vs. Legato Del Fantasma (Angel & Humberto) vs. LWO (Joaquin Wilde & Cruz Del Toro)
At the end of the match, Pete Dunne took charge of Kid Wilson's fingers and then tagged in Pete Dunne for a double back drop, followed by the pinfall for the win.
Winners: Pete Dunne and Tyler Pate
– We revisited Bayley's segment with Rhea Ripley and Nia Jax last Monday on WWE RAW. Behind the scenes, we see Io Skye, Asuka and Kairi Sane. The WWE Champion tells her teammates, “Bailey is done tonight.” The wrestlers leave and we see Bayley listening in the distance.
– Footage of the storyline between Cody Rhodes and Seth Rollins airs.
– Damage enters the CTRL (without the Dakota arm) because Bayley has to choose for WrestleMania 40. Adam Pearce and Nick Altice are already in the ring. Bayley grabs the mic and says she did almost everything at WrestleMania. But this year is special because she's not there alone: she's with her friends who support her. Damage CTRL is a family.
When she thinks of wrestling, she thinks of moments and magic. She thinks the best and she wants to beat the best. This leads him to Rhea Ripley…or maybe she does something else. Sometimes proving people wrong is personal. Sometimes it involves people you think are your friends, and sometimes you have to prove them wrong.
Bailey says she understands all the times they talk behind her back. She wanted them to be great and do it together. Bayley tells Io Skye that they were really close at first, but that changed when Asuka and Kairi Sane showed up. Bayley approaches Io Skye, but Asuka and Kairi Sane attack her from the back! Bayley manages to get the upper hand with a tube and confronts Io Skye as she exits the ring. Bayley grabs the mic and says she and Io Skye will see each other at WrestleMania!
– WWE makes the match between Io Skye and Bayley official for WrestleMania 40.
– Final Arrangement enters, followed by Bobby Lashley and Street Profits. A fight broke out between the two factions before the match began. Bobby Lashley and Street Profits win the fight with help from B-Fab.
– Backstage, we see the Bronebreaker and Smackdown contract with Nick Altis. Adam Pearce comes in and tells Bran Breaker to come on Monday. Breaker agrees and leaves. Jade Cargill arrives and Nick Aldis tells Adam Pearce to leave.
Tiffany Stratton vs Michin
At the end of the match, Tiffany Stratton puts Mitch on the floor and follows up her moonsault with a pinfall.
Winner: Tiffany Stratton
– Next week on SmackDown: Pete Dunne and Tyler Bad will face a RAW team that is to be decided (we'll find out next Monday), the winner will face Verdict at Elimination Chamber / Nick Altis announces Logan's next challenge Paul.
– Adam Pearce and Nick Altice are in the ring. Roman Reigns enters with Paul Heyman, Jimmy Uso and Solo Chikova. The Tribal chief Picks up a microphone and asks Birmingham to identify him. He doesn't like recaps and wants to look to the future, but Seth Rollins said last Monday that he owns the title. He can't be here in his wife's clothes for 2 years saying he's a boy. Rollins says he's a workaholic, but broke his back trying to carry the show. If he wants to talk about his schedule: Roman Reigns works ten times less than Seth Rollins, but makes ten times more than him!
As for Cody Rhodes, he could be the best number two in the business or take another shot at the top spot. Cody Rhodes' music hits and he enters the ring. He asks to be left alone in the ring with Roman Reigns Tribal chief Accepted. Solo Chikova and Jimmy Uso leave the ring.
Cody Rhodes says he talked to friends, family and legends. Seth Rollins hits some great points, but he disagrees with Roman Reigns' title being called the “Hollywood” title. It's a title Bruno Sammartino or his father held before being ripped from Madison Square Garden. He still loves it, this title. What does it mean to “finish the story”? Take the title from Roman Reigns or take everything from him? He wants this title, but his motives are evolving. He's not going to do it at WrestleMania But he spoke to someone who was familiar with Roman rule.
The Rock's music hits and he enters! He shakes Cody Rhodes' hand and the latter leaves the ring. The show ends with a face-off between The Rock and Roman Reigns.
Photo credit: WWE
“Pop culture practitioner. Award-winning tv junkie. Creator. Devoted food geek. Twitter lover. Beer enthusiast.”