Cover allowance – is it worth it in 2023? Can I apply for coverage allowance this year? Let us remind you that the protection allowance is a subsidy for households to cover part of their energy costs. Coverage allowance payments are still in progress, as the deadline for their implementation has changed. It is also known that an amount of PLN 500 million has been reserved for the payment of the allowance in 2023.
- Protection supplement – for whom?
- How high is the coverage allowance?
- Cover Allowance 2023 – Until when is the payment due?
- How is the coverage allowance 2023 paid?
- Will there be an additional shield 2023? What is known?
- Where does the decision to award coverage allowance come from?
Protection supplement – for whom?
The coverage allowance is only available to people who meet the income criteria and meet the definition of a one or more person household.
It is specifically available to the poorest families whose average monthly net income does not exceed:
- 2100 zlotys in a one-man house,
- 1500 PLN per person in a multi-person household.
There are no plans to expand the range of benefit recipients – We read in the local government guide regarding the payment of coverage allowance 2023.
How high is the coverage allowance?
- 400 zlotys You will get a family of one person with a monthly income not exceeding PLN 2100,
- 600 zlotys You will receive a family of 2-3 people, if the budget does not exceed 1500 PLN per person per month,
- 850 zlotys You will get a family of 4-5 people whose monthly income does not exceed PLN 1,500 per person,
- 1150 PLN You will get a family of 6 or more people whose monthly income does not exceed PLN 1,500 per person.
We’ve written more about Supplemental Shield 2022 here
Cover Allowance 2023 – Until when is the payment due?
Let us remind you that the coverage allowance was supposed to be paid by local governments by the end of December 2022, but so many applications were submitted that officials could not check all the documents. Therefore, the government extended payment deadlines in the new law Until December 31, 2023.
In the Law of December 17, 2021 regarding coverage allowance, we read in Article 2 § 8:
Coverage Allowance is payable to persons for the period January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 and is payable in two equal installments by March 31, 2022 and December 31, 2023.
The Ministry of Climate and Environment confirms this Failure to pay coverage benefits by December 31, 2022 does not preclude the right to this benefit its beneficiaries. An amount of PLN 500 million has been reserved for the payment of the allowance in 2023, portalsamorzadowy.pl reports. However, this does not mean that the coverage allowance will also be in 2023.
How is the coverage allowance 2023 paid?
The coverage allowance is paid for the period From January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 It is paid in two equal installments on time By March 31, 2022 and by December 31, 2023. If a person applies for the payment of a coverage allowance two months after the expiry of these deadlines, the coverage allowance is paid at once immediately after the grant of the benefit.
Will there be an additional shield 2023? What is known?
A provision has also been made to the law relating to coverage allowance in Section 4 that the mayor, mayor or city chief is obligated to provide the county with information about:
- The number of pending procedures in respect of the payment of the coverage allowance, for which, as to the filing of the appeal, there has been no final decision of the public administration body or the administrative tribunal, resulting in the award of the coverage allowance, and
- of the total amount of coverage allowances which is the subject of these procedures,
inside Until June 15, 2023-2025.
The Voivodeship will be obliged to provide this aggregate information to the Minister for Energy and the Minister for Finance.
This ruling indicates that the protective supplement state will not expire in 2023. Unfortunately, as of now, lawmakers have no plans for a 2023 cap supplement. But let’s hope that depending on the state of the market, the government will respond to the needs of the poor as it has done so far.
So far, the shielding allowance has been passed only once – in 2022. There is no information that it will be paid out every year.
Where does the decision to award coverage allowance come from?
recognition Cover additive does not require a decision. The information is sent to the e-mail address indicated by the applicant, and in the absence of an indication e-mail The applicant is informed that information about the granting of coverage allowance may be collected at the office.
while Refusal to grant coverage allowanceor revoke or alter the right to such allowance and decide on the coverage allowance collected unnecessarily require a decision. Such a decision must be handed over to the applicant by the authority. Decision submission remains the most popular delivery method registered parcel by the postal worker.
Echo Richards embodies a personality that is a delightful contradiction: a humble musicaholic who never brags about her expansive knowledge of both classic and contemporary tunes. Infuriatingly modest, one would never know from a mere conversation how deeply entrenched she is in the world of music. This passion seamlessly translates into her problem-solving skills, with Echo often drawing inspiration from melodies and rhythms. A voracious reader, she dives deep into literature, using stories to influence her own hardcore writing. Her spirited advocacy for alcohol isn’t about mere indulgence, but about celebrating life’s poignant moments.