High inflation means that money loses value with each passing month. A minimum wage increase in 2022 will be a certain consolation for low-income earners. The government has decided to increase the minimum salary by PLN 210 total from January. How will this translate into net salaries? At the fair we present calculations of the lowest national salary and higher salaries – note – taking into account the tax changes under the “New Deal” program.
Total 3010 PLN – This is Poland’s minimum wage from 2022 – the government of Mateusz Morawiecki decided. This means an increase in the minimum wage by PLN 210. The minimum hourly wage is expected to be zloty 19.70.00 has increased. The government had until mid-September to make that decision.
This is the cabinet list:
As of January 1, 2022, the minimum wage for work is PLN 3010. As of January 1, 2022, the minimum hourly wage is PLN 19.70.
We checked how this translates to the net salaries of Poles if the tax changes stipulated in the Polish Chada come into effect.
Accounts available in the gallery:
In accordance with the procedures, the amount of the increase was sent to the Social Dialogue Council for consultation in the summer. Then the government proposed the total amount of PLN 200. As we know, the expectations of employers and unions regarding an increase in the minimum wage are quite divergent. If the parties do not reach an agreement, the government decides on the amount of the minimum wage for the next year by decree. This was the case in previous years and it was this time. By law, the government can no longer set an amount lower than the amount it proposed earlier..
Salary increase to a total of 3010 PLNThat the employee will receive about 2,210 PLN “on hand” on the current basis. If the salary is calculated taking into account tax changes under the “New Deal” (the legislative process is underway), then the minimum net salary will already be more than PLN 2,363.56.
– She said that increasing the minimum wage for work will positively affect the financial situation of families, increasing the incomes of workers who need special protection, especially during the pandemic –Marlena Mallig, Minister of Family and Social Policy
What, among other things, is proposed by law and justice:
- Increase the tax-exempt amount to PLN 30,000
- Up to 120 thousand PLN, the threshold will increase, after which you will have to pay 32%. Tax (currently 32% of tax is paid after income is exceeded in the amount of PLN 85,528)
- Eliminate the possibility of deducting health insurance from taxes
- The introduction of so-called bonuses to the middle class (people whose gross annual wage ranges from PLN 68.6 thousand to PLN 133.6 thousand)
Good to know:
Under applicable law, the minimum wage does not include:
- Overtime Allowance
- Jubilee Prize
- Disability compensation payment.
“Infuriatingly humble musicaholic. Problem solver. Reader. Hardcore writer. Alcohol evangelist.”