After falling Burl We “fell in love” with everything Western. Fortunately, nowadays we are increasingly returning to ancient proven recipes. When thinking about that period, the main soups that come to my mind are: tomato, krupnik, and zalwaica. First, the oldest Recipe for pickles. Some people think it is a poor version of żurek. Below is a recipe for this tongue soup.
Description of casting preparation:
- We wash and clean the tongues, put them in a pot, pour cold water over them, cover them and cook for 20 minutes.
- After this time, discard all the broth and pour the water over the tongues again.
- Season with bay leaves, spices and salt.
- Place it on the stove again – this time for about two hours.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- We throw it into another bowl, pour the tongue broth over it and cook it.
- Cool the tongues, remove the films and cut them into small pieces.
- Place the cut tongues in the bowl with the boiled potatoes and pour in the borscht – just clear liquid, no floury sediment.
- Not much yeast. Cover and leave to boil.
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- At the end, add a handful of chopped dill.
Serve the sauce with a dollop of thick cream. Decorate everything with a sprig of dill.
Another suggestion is tomato soup. In the summer, I make it with fresh tomatoes, and now I recommend canned tomatoes or passata. I have a homemade mash that I make during the season. Now I use it to make soup.
Description of preparing tomato soup:
- Cut the onion into cubes and fry in a bowl with butter.
- When it becomes glassy, add the canned tomatoes and continue frying.
- After a while, pour the broth and boil.
- Then mix until smooth.
- Mix the cream with the hot soup and pour it into a bowl.
Serve tomato soup with pasta or rice.
Krupnik This is my daughter’s favorite soup. For her I make different versions of it. Today is a recipe for one of the most delicious smoked ribs.
Description of preparation:
- Divide the ribs into smaller pieces, wash them and pour cold water over them (about 2 liters). It can also be pork wings or bones. But be careful: what we cook the broth with determines the taste of the krupnik.
- Add the bay leaf, spices and salt and leave it on low heat until the meat is completely cooked.
- Remove the ribs from the pot, and when they have cooled slightly, separate the meat from the bones.
- Cut the onion into small cubes and grate the vegetables on a coarse grater.
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add onions and vegetables and fry. Transfer to bowl with broth. You can also pour a little broth into the pan, stir it, and then just pour everything into the bowl.
- Add the beans and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into medium cubes, and add them to the soup.
- Add the garlic pressed through the press.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mix the cream with some hot soup and pour it into the bowl. Season with freshly ground pepper and salt.
- Add meat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the chopped parsley.
Since my parents owned a farm, we had a lot of vegetables. It is also an inseparable ingredient in soup. Beetroot is the basis of red and white borscht. I suggest serving it with mashed potatoes.
Description of preparing borsch:
- Peel the beets and cut them into pieces, pour over the previously boiled lukewarm water, add cumin, horseradish, garlic, salt, sugar and a slice of whole wheat bread.
- Set aside covered for 3-6 days (preferably in a stone dish).
- Prepare a decoction of dried mushrooms and vegetables (soak the mushrooms first).
- Season with bay leaves, pepper and spices. He cooks. I feel sad.
- Squeeze the garlic through a press onto cheesecloth, tie it, then squeeze the juice into the strained broth (in the end, you can also submerge the entire bundle in the broth).
- Add pickled borscht. Season with salt, sugar and lemon juice – the soup should be sweet and sour. Heat it but do not allow it to boil or the borscht will lose its colour.
borsch Served with mashed potatoes and garnished with brown onions and parsley.
Poles love soup, and many of the recipes became obsolete with the fall of the Polish People’s Republic. Although many people do not associate those times with the best, it is worth going back to from a culinary point of view. I hope you like the above recipes.
Check also: “Nik” soup was a huge hit among chefs in the Polish People’s Republic. You’ll do it in less than a few minutes
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”