- The popularity of electric bikes is growing rapidly
- Polish factory for e-bike batteries set up near Krakow
- The Polish company sells its batteries to more than 140 countries
– According to a study by the Polish Bicycle Association, already 40 percent. The Poles are considering buying a bicycle with an electric motor. In the following years, such two-wheeled vehicles could, to a large extent, replace cars as a means of urban transportation, especially in more crowded cities. Even Porsche started producing electric bikes. Cars are becoming more expensive to use – fuel, service and parking – and their use in cities is becoming less and less efficient. I can see it for myself when I cycle from Podgorje to downtown. Recognizing the growing demand, we opened our own factory for e-bike batteries in Balice near Krakow. The amount of investment is 12 million PLN, and 30 jobs have been created – says Oshinsky.
– 23 percent we sell our batteries in Poland, most of them go to Western Europe, because 24 percent. to Germany 11% each. to France and Italy. In total, we are present in more than 140 countries. The old EU countries are definitely more electric, there are already more than a million electric cars on the roads, in our country only 30-40 thousand. Plays – Ochyński’s Notes.
– The company was founded in 2013, I was active in the consumer electronics market and saw their needs – the battery was missing, so I took care of it myself. We were selling online so entering western markets wasn’t a big deal, especially since we’re looking at ‘Europe’, not just in name. Even our recipients in the country often do not know that it is a Polish company. Since 2016, we have been operating through large e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon. From batteries to hardware, we’ve quickly moved on to bigger solutions – bike batteries and electric vehicle charging equipment. We are interested in the whole new energy market and the widely understood energy transition, which will last up to several tens of years, so the prospects are very good – he adds.
– We have been in the market for several years, so our position is stable, but the interest in micro-mobility is growing rapidly and the market is crowding. Large companies with large capital resources entered the game. Bosch is the leader in the electric bicycle sector. The largest companies with extensive experience and money, such as LG, are engaged in the production of car batteries. However, we want to create such intellectual value that – under its own brand – it will defend itself even among these giants. Tesla is, of course, a completely different company operating in a different reality, but we also want to take advantage of the major technological change that is happening around us. Musk showed that it is realistically possible to replace the leading technology in internal combustion cars with electric solutions, to pave a new path towards a civilization at a higher level of sophistication, which mentions respect for the environment and sustainable development. In that sense, Elon Musk was certainly a huge inspiration to me too – Ochyński’s summary.
Wojciech Szeląg Interview
“Infuriatingly humble musicaholic. Problem solver. Reader. Hardcore writer. Alcohol evangelist.”