Electricity recovery in the amount of PLN 125 for households is scheduled in 2023. Tauron, Energa, PGE and other electricity vendors are informing customers of the conditions that must be met to use this add-on. How to reduce your electricity bill in 2023? What condition must be met by December 15?
- Refund of PLN 125 for electricity – how to use it?
- What conditions must be met? One condition of 6 is sufficient
- Two deadlines for fulfilling the conditions
- Do I need to apply for a 2023 electricity refund?
It entered into force in September 2023 Government regulation regarding electricity payment. Requiring electricity vendors to retroactively reduce residential electricity prices by 12%. The discount is exactly PLN 125.34. How do we take advantage of this opportunity? Individual energy companies, including: Tauron, PGE and Enea explain to their customers the conditions that must be met to obtain a refund for their electricity in 2023.
Express Biedrzycka – Michal Kamerski
Refund of PLN 125 for electricity – how to use it?
It must be made clear at the outset that the rules for granting refunds for electricity are the same for all vendors. For all residential customers, energy companies are obligated to reduce their bill once by an amount equal to 12% of the product of the average electricity price published by the Head of the Energy Regulatory Office for 2022 resulting from the official supplier tariff, for a G1x tariff and an energy volume of 2523 kWh. The invoice reduction will amount to exactly PLN 125.34.
What conditions must be met? One condition of 6 is sufficient
To get a refund for electricity, you must use the energy to meet household needs and meet at least one of the following conditions stipulated in the regulation:
- For at least three consecutive months between January 1, 2023 and September 30, 2023, reduce electricity consumption by 5% for the same three consecutive months between January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022,
- Confirm or verify the validity of your data with the seller,
- Consent to receive correspondence from the energy supplier, especially value-added tax invoices, via electronic means of communication within the meaning of Article. 2 Point 5 of the Law of July 18, 2002 regarding the provision of services electronically or on a dedicated website,
- consent to receive information from your energy supplier regarding our products and services,
- To be a consumer of renewable energy within the meaning of Article. 2 Point 27a of the law of February 20, 2015 on renewable energy sources,
- Belonging to one of the categories entitled to benefit from the increased limits due to which electricity prices will be frozen in 2023 and submitting an appropriate declaration for this purpose (this applies to holders of a large family card, persons with disabilities, or those living with a person with a disability, and farmers).
The regulation also requires businesses to inform customers of the discount – in paper, electronically, by phone or on their website.
Two deadlines for fulfilling the conditions
If at least one of the above is not met. Conditions, and you want to benefit from a one-time invoice reduction – it is time to meet at least one condition: Days 2, 3 and 4 until December 15, 2023 and days 5 and 6 until December 31, 2023.
Do I need to apply for a 2023 electricity refund?
You do not need to place any orders to benefit from the discount. The refund will be included in your electricity bill covering the 2023 settlement.
Echo Richards embodies a personality that is a delightful contradiction: a humble musicaholic who never brags about her expansive knowledge of both classic and contemporary tunes. Infuriatingly modest, one would never know from a mere conversation how deeply entrenched she is in the world of music. This passion seamlessly translates into her problem-solving skills, with Echo often drawing inspiration from melodies and rhythms. A voracious reader, she dives deep into literature, using stories to influence her own hardcore writing. Her spirited advocacy for alcohol isn’t about mere indulgence, but about celebrating life’s poignant moments.