Death toll rises: Police believe 140 heat deaths in BC

Vancouver police have confirmed they have responded to 65 sudden death calls since Friday. He also warns that the balance sheet will continue to rise.

We have never seen anything like this and it breaks our hearts. If there are seniors or vulnerable people in your family, call or leave them to make sure they are OK.Sergeant Steve Addison writes.

Vancouver police have re-employed several officers to respond to the increase in calls, but warn that delays are expected for the entire metropolis.

In Barnaby, detachment G.R.C. It has responded to more than 34 calls for sudden death in the first 24 hours since Monday, confirming that Surrey Detachment has answered 38 calls so far.

The Victoria Police Department confirms it responded to three calls Monday due to sudden deaths in the capital.

Most of the victims are elderly, and G.R.C. It therefore seeks out all British Columbians and inquires about the health of the elderly around them.

This temperature can be dangerous for people who are vulnerable in the community, especially the elderly and those with health problems.Burnaby RCMP Corporal and Spokesman Mike Cullen said in a statement.

In the Barnaby region, three cooling stations have been set up, he recalls, inviting people to go there to protect themselves from the heat.

A man uses a fog station to spray his head with water.

The city of Vancouver has established misting stations throughout the city, allowing passers-by to relax for a moment.

Photo: Radio-Canada / Justin Paulie-Poud Trier

Upcoming Coroner’s Report

British Colombian Prime Minister John Hornen said a death sentence report on the number of deaths related to heat in the past few days would be released later Tuesday.

The Prime Minister pointed out that climate change was to blame for the dome of heat that has gripped the province since Friday.

The big lesson to be learned from the last few days is that the climate crisis is not a myth.

An excerpt from:John Horgan, Prime Minister of the CP.

All health officials in the province have a plan to deal with the heat wave, Health Minister Adrian Dix recalled, pointing out that the ambulance service has broken the record of calls on weekends.

We must do everything we can to support each other in this heathe said

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Bruce Willis’ health is deteriorating

According to a source close to the American actor’s family, Bruce’s health…

The actress is vocal about inappropriate comments on her chest

” Listen, I know wearing this amazing Valentino dress can’t help but…

The Beatles: Get Back Trailer Released

Sorry, your browser does not support videos Disney + Introduces Official Trailer…

Charles III wants to prevent Harry and Andrew from cementing his mediocrity

Charles III is preparing to change British law to prevent Princes Harry…