Xiaomi 12 Pro camera tested by DxOMark. The rating is a surprise and a disappointment at the same time! Contrary to expectations, the Xiaomi superflag has yet to become the new king of mobile photography. Several of their predecessors are higher in the DxOMark ranking.
DxOMark is a well-known portal that tests cameras, including cameras installed in smartphones. His reviews are often controversial and are critically received by maniacs.
Despite this, many manufacturers still boast a high position in the DxOMark ranking, because it is a great marketing tool. latest makers Xiaomi 12 Pro (Available for pre-order with gift) However, they will avoid this topic…
Xiaomi 12 Pro: DxOMark camera test. The rating is amazing!
In the DxOMark test The photographic capabilities of the Xiaomi 12 Pro were rated with a total of 131 points. This gave it only 14th place in the ranking, along with OPPO Find X3 Pro, Galaxy S22 Ultra or vivo X70 Pro.
It is interesting that the older Xiaomi models occupy a higher place in the ranking. Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra is in tenth place, and Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra is in third place.
These are the ratings for individual DxOMark tests (loss for Mi 11 Ultra and Honor Magic 4 Ultimate leader):
- Pictures: 131 points (12 and 15 points lower, respectively),
- Magnification: 65 points (35 and 88 points lower respectively),
- Video: 111 points (6 points less than both models).
as you see, Xiaomi 12 Pro has the highest success rate in the zoom test. There’s nothing strange about it, as it has a fairly basic telephoto lens with double zoom. Meanwhile, Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra already features a telephoto lens.
It is noteworthy, however, that It is also clear that the new Xiaomi flagship has lost out with its larger cousin in the main camera test. Samsung ISOCELL GN2 (1 / 1.12 ″, 1.4 μm) beat Sony IMX707 (1 / 1.28 ″, 1.22 μm) not only on paper, but also in
The strongest and weakest points of the Xiaomi 12 Pro camera
DxOMark praised the Xiaomi 12 Pro for:
- High level of detail in most shooting and shooting conditions,
- Fast and repeatable autofocus,
- One of the best night pictures on the market,
- effective video stabilization,
- Good sound quality in movies.
Why did DxOMark scold the Xiaomi 12 Pro camera? get engaged:
- Artifacts in HDR scenes caused by intense processing,
- lack of sufficiently high optical zoom for the equipment class,
- Unlit subjects in movies recorded in low light,
- problems recording concerts,
- Note: Ads are in xD apps.
It’s interesting how high a rating the Xiaomi 12 Pro would have been if DxOMark had read it Our guide to disabling advertising on Xiaomi smartphones 😀
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”