- Rafael Semashko entered the House of Representatives from the Civic Alliance lists. The 37-year-old played 104 matches in the Ekstraklasa for Arka Gdynia
- The former striker was particularly remembered for the goal he scored with his own hand. This goal gave the yellow-blue a valuable equalizer (1:1) against Roch Chorzo
- Rafał Grodzicki, then Blues captain, remembers that match. – Perhaps the worst thing in all this was the fact that Simaszko himself did not hide the fact that he scored the goal with his own hand – he said in an interview with Przegląd Sportowy Onet
- You can find more interesting stories in Przegląd Sportowy Onet
It was the 36th (penultimate) round of the 2016/17 Extraklassa season. She fought to preserve, among other things, Arka Gdynia and Rukh Chorzo. The two teams met on May 27 in Tricity. The visitors took the lead in the fourth minute after Lucas Moneta’s goal. In the 23rd minute, the Yellows and Blues equalized after Rafael Semashko scored. The Gdynia striker passed goalkeeper Libor Hrdlicka, but shot the ball into the net with his hand and not his head.
Continued article below the video
But Chorzów’s protests were in vain, and Tomas Musial, who was in charge of the match, allowed the goal to be scored. Let us remind you that at that time there was no VAR system in Ekstraklasa. Television replays left no doubt that Semashko’s goal should not have been counted. The match ended in a draw, which made Arca even happier. In the last round, Gdynia’s team won away to Zagobie Lubin (3:1) and secured its relegation. The movement called the elite.
“Semashko himself did not hide the fact that he scored the goal with his own hand.”
– There were similar situations when players accidentally hit the ball with their hands. However, this situation here – nomen omen – came in handy. I was sure there was handball. Perhaps the worst of all was the fact that Siemaszko himself made no secret of the fact that he scored the goal with his own hand. He gave a celebration in which he accepted this hand, but it turned out to be very unfortunate. In addition, his subsequent interviews were poor, as Rafa Grodzycki, Roach’s former goalkeeper, told us.
– Whether there is a hand or not, let it remain a secret – said the footballer in front of the cameras of Canal+ Sport. The then Blues captain was referring to these words.
“I think that’s what’s happening with him. It doesn’t mean that he scored a goal with his own hand, because sometimes in situations like this you don’t think, you just act and something happens. It’s important that he makes the class admit to something like this, and that he has the courage to say it in front of Cameras. He adds that he missed it.
Rafał Grodzicki: This goal is remembered by all Roche fans
-There is something else that hurts me a lot. The referee for that match was Tomek Musial, a boy from Krakow just like me. We have known each other for a very long time, and Judge Sebastian Mucha has also known each other for a long time, and yet they could not trust me. It hurt me so much. Then she said only a few words to them: “Gentlemen, we have known each other for a very long time, trust me.” However, everyone makes mistakes, and as a team we still have a lot of time to make up for what the referees took away from us. We didn’t do that. I suppose to this day I would have held a huge grudge against the referees if it had happened in the 90th minute. But it was the 23rd minute, so we had plenty of time. Sometimes your teammates make mistakes, sometimes the referees make mistakes, but if you have time, you can reverse it – explains Grodzicki.
The 39-year-old and his teammates were in no doubt that they had been wronged by the referees.
— These weren’t the times when you could quickly find a replay of a match online, but we were sure there were quite a few players out there. When we went onto the field, we walked through the tunnel with the referees, Tomek Musial apologized, and I replied: “Okay, Tomek, we have the whole second half to make amends.” It didn’t work out and unfortunately all Ruch Chorzów fans remember this goal. But let’s face it, it wasn’t the goal that sealed Roach’s relegation. We did not implement the plan we set out to implement.
“The emotions have subsided, but when I see that name and surname, a hand-scored goal immediately comes to mind.”
The goal he scored seven years ago has returned because the former Arka Gdynia striker has entered the House of Representatives. Siemaszko received 15,000 Polish zlotys. 494 votes, which is the third result on the Civic Coalition list in District No. 26, and the former player was nominated from eleventh place on the list. Siemaszko played 104 matches in the Ekstraklasa, scoring 18 goals and providing one assist. In total, he played for Gdynia 157 times (33 goals, 5 assists). After his departure from Arka, the striker continued to play for the clubs Sokol Ostroda, Wikida Lozino and Jerzycka Belbin, which he joined in the spring of this year.
– The feelings calmed down, but seeing that name and surname, the goal he scored with his hand, his kissing his hand, and that stupid interview immediately came to my mind. I’ve seen a lot of references and mockery of the hand he will now use to vote in the House. I also knew the theme of our match would be back. Don’t forget this, in my opinion, things like this will never work. Grodzicki says the strong narrative that it would be his secret certainly didn’t help him, because everyone saw that clearly.
The former Ruch defender is currently at Warta Poznań, where he works as sporting director. Later Grodzicki did not have the opportunity to meet Rafael Simasko.
– I don’t remember dealing with him after that. I know that when it comes to Chorzów and Ruch fans, he’s not well remembered, but like I said, I can only blame him for what he said in the interview. He couldn’t admit it, but handball happens, I don’t know if any of our players would do it either. Siemaszko’s luck was that the referees did not notice the hand and that there was no VAR yet. However, he was unlucky because the cameras caught it and he was rude in interviews. This is what hurts the most. Really scoring a goal is difficult. Ruch’s decline was defined by the cross-section of the entire season. However, the lies affected all the people associated with Roach, which is why he is still not popular in that region of Poland – admits former footballer Roach.
source:Onet Sports Review
Date of creation: Today at 07:30
Journalist for the newspaper Przeglad Sportuy One
“Bacon scholar. Incurable social media ninja. Professional travel aficionado. Beer buff.”