- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke twice. In his address to the nation he thanked his countrymen for a month of fighting against Russian aggression, and at the European Council he targeted Viktor Orban.
- President Joe Biden is coming to Poland. The White House published the schedule for the visit
- Overnight the European Council adopted conclusions on the war in Ukraine
- You can follow information on the defense of Ukraine 24 hours a day on our website direct relationships
- More important information can be found on Onet homepage. If you do not want to miss any important news – subscribe to Our newsletter
Two letters to Zelensky
– We are fighting for the freedom we so desperately need, this war cannot go on without victory – Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in an evening address to the people.
– If Russia knows what awaits it here, it will be afraid to enter here – referring to the meetings with foreign leaders he held on Thursday, as well as words at international forums – the European Union and NATO, said Zelensky.
Zelensky also spoke at the European Council Forum. The President of Ukraine thanked all EU countries for their assistance to Ukraine. – I want to thank you – you are united and united around us, said Zelensky.
The rest of the text is below the video.
However, he turned to Hungary with harsh words. – You decide for yourself who you are. You are a sovereign country. I have visited Budapest. I love this city. I have been there many times – a very beautiful and very hospitable city. So do people. You have gone through tragic moments in your life. I visited your pier. I saw this monument…shoes on the bank of the Danube as a reminder of the mass murders. Listen, Victor, do you know what’s going on in Mariupol? – asked Volodymyr Zelensky, Hungarian Prime Minister.
– Please, if you can, go to your pier. Check out these shoes. Note that in today’s world, mass murder can occur again. This is what Russia is doing today. The same shoes. There are the same people in Mariupol. adults and children. grandfather and grandmother. There are thousands of them. Zelensky pleaded that these thousands are gone.
He added: “And you are hesitant to impose sanctions or not? Are you hesitant to allow arms transfers or not? Are you hesitant to trade with Russia or not? There is no time left for that. It is time to make a decision.”
European Council: Attempts to circumvent sanctions must stop
Leaders at the EU summit in the results adopted after the first day of talks They expressed their readiness to quickly impose further sanctions on Russia and Belarus. “Any attempts to circumvent the sanctions or assist Russia in any other way must be stopped,” they said.
“Russia directs attacks on civilians and targets civilian facilities, including hospitals, medical facilities, schools and shelters. These war crimes must stop immediately. The responsible people and their accomplices will be held accountable under international law. The blockade of Mariupol and other Ukrainian cities, they said, was the denial of humanitarian access by The Russian armed forces are unacceptable. Russian forces must immediately provide safe routes to other parts of Ukraine, as well as humanitarian aid to Mariupol and other besieged cities.”
Joe Biden’s visit to Poland today
US President Joe Biden begins his visit to Poland from Rzeszow on FridayThe White House said Thursday evening that it would receive a briefing on the humanitarian situation and meet with soldiers of the 82nd Airborne Division.
In Rzeszow, the US President will receive a briefing on the response to the refugee influx into Poland and the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine. Next, Biden will meet with soldiers of the 82nd Airborne Division based in Podkarpasa, which has been sent in recent weeks as part of the reinforcement of NATO’s eastern flank, and then depart for Warsaw.
On the second day of his visit to Poland, Biden will meet with President Duda and deliver a speech on “the united efforts of the free world to support the Ukrainian nation, hold Russia accountable for its brutal war and defend a future rooted in democratic principles.” Report to the White House.
The success of the Ukrainian forces on the southern front
At night, the local authorities reported that the Ukrainian forces in the south were strongly resisting the Russian forces and attacked in the past hours.. The Ukrainians managed to restore all the cities, villages and roads of the Mykolaiv Oblast that had previously been in the hands of the invaders. Now, there are plans to launch another counterattack on the Kherson region.
According to the journalist of the German newspaper “Bild”, referring to the local authorities, “After two weeks of fighting, the Ukrainian forces liberated all the towns, villages and streets of the Mykolaiv Oblast previously in the hands of the Russians (in blue). Tonight the Ukrainian army began a counterattack. In the Kherson region ”, wrote Julian Rupke.
Tanks grow in Ukraine
Since the beginning of the Russian invasion, Ukraine has lost 74 tanks, according to Forbes.. At the same time, it captured more than 100 Russian tanks. Thus, despite the losses, Kyiv increased its ownership position.
According to analysts cited by Forbes, Ukraine may have more tanks today than at the beginning of the Russian invasion, which began on February 24. The American magazine reported that “according to intelligence analysts who analyze photos and videos on social media, Ukraine has acquired at least 117 Russian tanks.”
Thank you for being with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”