- Behind us the closing ceremony of the 47th Polish Film Festival in Gdynia
- The last evening brought a lot of disappointment. The most mentioned name has not been read even once. And it turns out that the Polish Oscar nominee is also an underrated nominee
- Accepting the award, the creators of one of the festival’s weakest films thanked the new head of TVP
- The most active moments of the ceremony were the words of Camille Kruzeki, director of the film “Elephant”, and Magdalena Rotkevich-Lautrec, costume designer “Wedding”. Both indicated the social and political situation in our country
- More information can be found on the Onet homepage
This year, at the most important Polish film festival, one name was heard more than others: Damien Cukur. Great Director Award in Venice “Bread and Salt” At Young Gala he received many awards, including Laureate of the Journalists’ Prize. A day later, backstage, there was talk of a sensation – the amateurish film Kocur did not receive any small statuettes from the jury, although everyone probably chose him as a candidate for the most important awards, even the Golden Lions.
These images fell into the hands of Agnieszka Smoczyńska, a visionary of cinema, who turned the eyes of Poland and the world to herself with “Dancing Girls”. Her story about the Gibbons sisters, who have a hard-to-define bond, garnered very good reviews after the Cannes shows. “The Silent Twins” It is distinguished by its impressive form, but weakened by the story, appearing in a very unattractive and not always inconsistent way. In terms of music and acting, it was unfortunately not appreciated “Splinter” Grzegorz Mołda – With Przemysław Jankowiak’s material-packed soundtrack of hip-hop songs and Magdalena Wieczorek performing at concerts.
The audience gathered on Saturday evening at the Gdynia Musical Theater rubbing their eyes in amazement, not only because of the great omission. The second most important prize of the evening – The Silver Lions – was collected by the creators of one of the weakest productions from the record of 20 titles for the main competition, i.e. “Philip” Michael Koczynski. Those on stage thanked the new president of Telewizja Polska, project supervisor Mateusz Matiszkowitz, who was involved in the project.
It was co-produced with TVP, one of the main partners of the festival, associated with the television theatre, and the fine authorship of Leopold Termand’s novel Cinematography by Michał Sobociński was also awarded. Here, titles like “The Silent Twins” seem even stronger, “scraps”And the “Eagle. Last Patrol” or “Ayo”to represent Poland in the fight for the Academy Award.
The article continues under the video.
Jerzy Skolimowski’s work, which requires respect for animals, should also be called great, and is not mentioned. Despite the ill-conceived human heroes, it is a very humane and truly original film. Instead of the aforementioned directors, who have cared about the lower level of competition by some, Jacek Bławut will put the award on his shelf for his visual and audio content, but disappointingly “Orzeł”.
Gdynia AD 2022 is, above all, becoming less experienced and creative. Those with great achievements, such as Małgorzata Szumowska, Wojciech Smarzowski or Tomasz Wasilewski, saw a decline.
So, aside from hurting “bread and salt,” it’s hard to accept just one award for perfectly portraying oppression toward women. “Women on the Roof” Anna Jadowska (the award went to the formidable Dorota Pomykała), ignoring the road that beautifully connects cinema and Polish-Ukrainian relations “dad” Anna Maliszewska or, finally, only two figurines of “Strzępów” (first appearance and supporting role of a man) Recognized Discover Onet Beata Dzjanovic.
Xawery Żuławski and his “Apokawixa”, the title that contains the most extreme opinions. I’m among those whose environmental horror along with pandemic play brought a little fun, so I wasn’t expecting more awards for the interesting “Bird Talk” author. But awarding him in this category is an easy way.
The jury of the Small Film Competition and the Short Film Competition showed a more modern look at cinema and its social role. The first, led by Alan Starsky, was awarded the main prize “the elephant” Camille Kruzeki who performed the concert with your talk.
– I wanted to embrace the queer community to which I belong too. But not only. I wanted to hug everyone who needed it. Despite all that is happening now – we will achieve it and we will remain – he thanked his friend, and there was a long applause from the audience. There were smiles hiding the embarrassment on the faces of the TVP leaders.
In turn, among the short films, the committee headed by producer Ewa Poschenska noted a feminist manifesto. “Victoria” by Carolina Porcari, with Catarzina Figora, who does not hide tears on the stage, is also, as the film’s authors assert, an opposition to bringing women into sexual objects.
This year’s party was the least filled with political accents in years. This does not mean that they did not appear at all.
– 158 representatives, 6 thousand 541 attachments, 4.5 tons of costumes, wardrobes with an area of at least 400 square meters. Of course not in the so-called documentary film studio in Warsaw at ul. Chełmska 21, only in rooms, empty premises and garages, because the factory does not provide backup facilities for work. This is a huge failure for us. We invite you to visit this open-air museum at 21 Chełmska Street, said Magdalena Rutkiewicz-Luterek, the author of the costumes honored by the jury, Mr. Minister of Culture. – You teach us that all evil will one day end – asked Smarzowski, referring to the war in Ukraine.
On the other hand, the TVP actress presenting the award was the only one who was not properly greeted on stage with applause, and the main character of the evening, Agnieszka Smoczyńska, emphasized that she “comes from a country that defines exclusion” and noted the anti-immigrant mood.
What is the image of Polish cinema that emerged after the Gdynia Festival, which went down in history? Composed of sensitive, attentive to other people, looking for a new language and heterogeneous forms of creators and creators. It is often overlooked.
Created Date: Today at 05:50 AM
“Amateur social media maven. Pop cultureaholic. Troublemaker. Internet evangelist. Typical bacon ninja. Communicator. Zombie aficionado.”
Big changes at Marvel Studios. Victoria Alonso leaves the studio after 17 years in the business. Kevin Feige.
Will the new Jordan Peele movie beat Avatar? We know the release date – Filmweb
God bless you, Mr. Yukik. He does an undeniably good job