CD Projekt RED has released the expected update for The Witcher 3 Next-Gen. Gamers can count on a lot of changes and improvements that should have a very positive effect on the gameplay.
It’s been a long time since the release of the next generation The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, but CD Projekt RED can’t focus on more projects, because developers still have to improve last year’s situation. A few hours ago, the developers announced the delivery of the long-awaited update and the patch has already reached the servers.
The studio announced a big patch, and, you see, we can’t complain, because the developers took care of the graphics in the PC version and particle optimization – it was this problem that caused the title to stutter at times.
The studio also took care of performance mode on existing consoles. The developers have fixed bugs with, among other things, memory usage by Xbox Series X when beautifying visuals with ray tracing. The creators also refined the missions, gameplay, and locations.
The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Next-Gen – Update 4.02
- Improved CPU core usage in DX 12.
- The horizon-based ambient occlusion has been restored. Players who previously disabled ambient occlusion will need to do so again. You can do this by going to Options → Video → Graphics.
- Fixed an issue where the “My Rewards” section in REDLauncher would not translate.
- Fixed an issue with landscape flickering in Tucson that occurred when NVIDIA HairWorks was disabled.
- Fixed an issue with particle optimization that could cause the game to freeze intermittently.
- Improved performance mode on next generation consoles.
- Fixed an issue where characters could be a bit blurry during dialogue and stories on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed an issue with ray tracing memory usage that could cause crashes on Xbox Series X consoles.
- He who sows his domain in time… – The game will no longer stop on next generation consoles if Geralt runs away from Shania after starting a conversation.
- Fixed an issue where quick saves could not be loaded when using cross-platform progression on Xbox One.
- Fixed an issue where manual save overrides were in some cases deleting the oldest game save on PlayStation 5.
- Fixed performance issues in Beauclair and Novigrad after loading a save game.
Visual Effects – Next Generation PC and Consoles
- Improve the appearance of water by adding refraction to SSR and ray tracing reflections.
- Fixed a graphical glitch with brick textures that caused black artifacts to cover stone arches.
- Motion Blur slider added. You can find it by going to Options → Video → Graphics.
Quests and Gameplay – Available on all platforms
- Preparing for Battle – Fixed an issue where there was no dialogue option for mission progress during the ‘Tell Avallac’h that everything is ready’ objective.
- Status Cause – Fixed an issue where the warehouse door could be permanently closed if the player knocked, entered the building, and then left immediately.
- Scavenger Hunt: Cat School I Gear Upgrade Blueprints – Fixed an issue where the quest could remain active even after collecting blueprints.
- Fixed an issue where attempting to enable New Game+ mode on an incompatible save would prevent the player from launching expansions in standalone mode until the game restarted.
Website – Available on all platforms
- Corrected the Korean translation of Ciri and Geralt’s thread card descriptions.
- Fix punctuation errors in the Arabic translation.
- Updated font of traditional Chinese.
Note: Only the most obvious changes are listed here. The update includes other minor fixes that are not included in this list.
“Prone to fits of apathy. Introvert. Award-winning internet evangelist. Extreme beer expert.”