- According to the latest statement of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the army of invaders has lost approximately 17.2 thousand people since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Soldiers
- In addition, the Ukrainian army reported the killing of the commander of the mechanized brigade from the Murmansk region – Denis Koryota near Kharkiv
- Meanwhile, the mass expulsion of Russian diplomats from European countries continues. They are accused of spying for Moscow.
- You can follow information on the defense of Ukraine 24 hours a day on our website direct relationships
- More important information can be found on Onet homepage. If you do not want to miss any important news – subscribe to Our newsletter
Negotiations in Istanbul. Russia talks about a “radical reduction” of activities around Kyiv and Chernihiv
Another round of peace negotiations between Ukraine and Russia was held on Tuesday at the Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul. The talks in Istanbul lasted about four hours. After the meeting, the Russian state news agency TASS quoted Vladimir Medinsky, head of the Russian delegation. He announced that Russia would take two steps towards Ukraine in order to de-escalate the conflict. Medinsky explained that these steps concern the political and military sides.
In the military sphere, these steps mean “a strict restriction of military activity in the Kyiv and Chernihiv directions.” But the Russian Ministry of National Defense has already confirmed this decision According to experts, the statement of the head of the Russian delegation is not an example of goodwill, but a trap for the Russians..
During the talks, more leaks emerged about the content of the negotiations. The Ukrainian negotiator suggested that Turkey, the United States, Israel, Germany, Poland, Canada and France act as guarantors of Ukraine’s security under a future agreement with Russia.
More than 17 thousand and about 100 rocket launchers. Ukraine reports Russian losses
According to the latest statement of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the army of invaders has lost approximately 17.2 thousand people since the beginning of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. In addition to nearly 600 tanks. The number of Russian losses in equipment and weapons is estimated in the hundreds.
The collected data are more accurate, but their calculation is complicated by the high intensity of the fighting. According to Ukraine, from February 24 to March 29, Russia also lost 303 artillery systems, 127 aircraft and 129 helicopters. The Ukrainian forces published the latest statistics in the morning announcement on Facebook and Twitter.
The rest of the text is below the video.
Arbin completely liberated from the hands of the Russians? “This is a huge exaggeration.”
– Information about the refusal of the Russians even 50 km from Kyiv is greatly exaggerated – Onet reporter Marcin Wyrwal reported on Tuesday from KyivThus he denied the latest information that Erbin, located about 20 kilometers west of Kyiv, was completely freed from the hands of the Russian occupiers. Heavy fighting between Ukrainians and Russians continues in the city.
– I am in contact with a high-ranking army that says that the shooting is going on all the time. Is it really completely liberating? It’s hard to say, maybe not. Onet’s correspondent in Ukraine added that since Erpin has not been liberated, it is certain that Bokza is still occupied by the Russians.
Odessa in full alert awaits the enemy
The center of Odessa is a large maze. Closed streets and anti-tank barriers. The Pearl of the Black Sea as it is called Odessa is of great strategic importance, both military and economic. The headquarters of the Ukrainian Navy is located here, at 60 percent. Ukraine is imported via the domestic port. Whoever controls Odessa also controls Ukraine’s economy. That is why the third largest Ukrainian city after Kyiv and Kharkiv, with a population of about one million, is so important for the course of the war – and therefore important for Moscow.
– It is certainly a tasty morsel, but at this point the landing would be impossible for Russia without air support. We’ve seen Odessa prepare for an invasion over the past weeks. Mined beaches, sandbags, but all with a song on your lips. Peace reigns in the city, and the enemy awaits. Onet reporter Bartłomiej Bublewicz reported on Tuesday from Odessa.
Ukrainians killed a Russian colonel. Commanded the elite forces near Kharkov
Ukrainian forces are still fiercely resisting the Russian invasion and directing further strikes against the leaders of the invading forces. This time, the Ukrainian army announced the killing of Denis Kurila, commander of the mechanized brigade from the Murmansk region near Kharkiv.
The Ukrainian army claims that “the invaders were equipped with the most modern weapons that Russia possesses.”
Ukrainian intelligence chief: Russia is implementing the new “D Plus 60” plan
The head of Ukrainian intelligence, General Kirich Budanov, argues that the Ukrainian services have excellent intelligence sources in the entire Russian army and in the Kremlin itself.. Thanks to this, they know very well the next steps of the Russian troops and recently managed to destroy a Russian ship. Moreover, the Ukrainians learned about the secret plans of the second stage of the Russian invasion called “D-plus 60” and they know what the aggressor forces are planning for the next 30 days.
“Since we know the steps the Russians are taking and what the Russians are doing, we hope we can say that the D-plus 60 will also fail,” Budanov says. – We are satisfied with it. He asserts that we can see that the +60 plan will fail.
According to Bodano, the Russians do not help themselves and “behave very primitively.” That is why Ukraine managed to get a lot of tanks, armored vehicles and other weapons.
Russian diplomats were expelled in large numbers from European countries. They are accused of espionage
It’s completely over The expulsion of 40 Russian diplomats from three European countries. The Belgian government expelled 21 people, 17 from the Netherlands, 4 from Ireland, and 1 from the Czech Republic. The Russians were registered as diplomats, and in fact worked as intelligence officers. They are accused of spying for Moscow.
In turn, Russia expelled a total of ten diplomats from the Baltic states on Tuesday In response to Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia recognizing Russian representatives in these countries as persona non grata earlier in March, Reuters reported on Tuesday, citing a statement from the Russian Foreign Ministry.
Thank you for being with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”