- Zaporozhye Nuclear Power Plant is the largest such facility in Europe. It has six reactors with a total capacity of 5.7 thousand. MW. It has been operating for nearly 40 years
- Due to the approach of the front, the governor of the Zaporozhye occupation ordered the evacuation of the inhabitants of the Inerhudar region. However, the power station personnel are still on site
- Rafael Grossi of the International Atomic Energy Agency is concerned about the safety of the plant. – We must act now to prevent the risk of a major nuclear accident and its consequences – says the head of the agency
- More such articles can be found on the Onet homepage
The head of the occupation of the Zaporizhia region, Yevgeny Palecki, announced that the evacuation of the population was a response to the intensification of artillery fire by the Ukrainians. And the first evacuees were those who received Russian citizenship after Moscow captured the city at the beginning of the war.
“I decided above all to evacuate the children with their parents, the elderly, the disabled and the sick from the medical facilities deep in the region.” – Palicki explains on Telegram.
This information was confirmed by the General Staff of the Ukrainian Army. “Russian occupiers are evacuating civilians from temporarily occupied Innerhudar to local recreation centers. Only people with Russian passports are being evacuated” – We read in the letter.
The Sun newspaper quoted Ivan Fyodorov, the Ukrainian mayor of Melitopol, as saying that shops in the vacated areas had run out of goods and medicine, and patients were thrown out of hospitals into the streets.
The Ukrainian also claims that two-thirds of the evacuation convoys that were supposed to be filled with civilians were actually transporting retreating Russian forces.
The rest of the article can be found below the video.
Reuters reported that Ukraine’s spring counteroffensive against Russian forces is likely to include Zaporozhye, about 80 percent of which are located in Zaporozhye. of the region occupied by Moscow. That is why the issue of the safety and stability of the domestic nuclear power plant is so important.
The station’s director, Yuriy Chernyshuk, stated that no personnel had been evacuated and that he was doing everything necessary to ensure nuclear safety. He also said that the plant’s equipment is maintained in accordance with all necessary energy security regulations.
– The general situation in the area near the Zaporizhia NPP is becoming increasingly unpredictable and potentially dangerous. I am concerned about the real threats to nuclear safety facing the plant. We must act now to prevent the risk of a major nuclear accident and its consequences for people and the environment – says Rafael Grossi, director of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
The nuclear power plant located in Innerhudar is the largest such facility in Europe. It has six reactors with a total capacity of 5.7 thousand. megawatts and was connected to the grid in 1984. At the beginning of March 2022, the Russians occupied the power plant and it was connected to their power system.
Source: Telegram, Facebook, The Sun,
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”
The Family Chantel Season 5: Release Date Updates Finally Revealed
Best Fiction Selling Canadian Books of all Time in Canada 2023 – Test & Comparision
Best Ergonomic Keyboard for Office Use in Canada 2023 – Test & Comparision