The Milky Way has an anomaly.  Standard low metal there

The Milky Way contains a region of particularly low metallic stars. The concentration of heavy elements in it is 2500 times lower than the concentration of the sun.

Our star consists of 98.5% of hydrogen and helium, that is, light chemical elements. The remaining 1.5% is due to heavier elements such as carbon, oxygen and iron. Their concentration within the star is referred to as mineralAnd individual objects have different criteria in this regard.

Read also: Scientists did not expect this. A stellar cocoon of organic molecules on the edges of the Milky Way

Recently, astronomers have found a region with less metallic content than any other structure in the entire universe. Behind the discovery are representatives of many different research institutions who described their institutions Achievements in the pages of nature. Among other things, the publication shows that the metal in the structure known as C-19 is 2,500 times less than that of the Sun.

The Milky Way has a C-19 structure with a standard low metal content

The stars that make up this cluster are located in the Milky Way, and our findings to date challenge many hypotheses about the processes behind the stars’ metallicity. It mainly concerns the information collected so far regarding the formation of such stellar structures. Besides, further research may explain how old some of the first stars in the history of the universe are.

Read also: The star released a huge amount of plasma. A phenomenon of similar scale never observed on the Sun.


What is it actually about? The drop in the metal is an indication that the star that characterizes it formed shortly after the Big Bang. Heavy elements didn’t appear until much later, when stars became massive enough for them to fuse to produce large amounts of metal. The higher the mineral, the younger the star.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

We know when Russia will send an astronaut into orbit with an Elon Musk capsule

It turns out that The first Russian cosmonaut It will fly into…

They held him for months in Iran. Polish biologist A.A. Marcin Walczak returned to Poland

– a. Marcin and Chuck In December he was released from prison…

Pope of the people of science and culture: the university is a place of freedom

Quoting the eminent German theologian Romano Guardini, the Holy Father stated that…

DES survey reveals clues about how complex the universe is Urania

A decade of research reveals results consistent with standard cosmological models, but…