The film featured a nun from Wielopolska

Next to Jan Blachowicz and Czeslaw Musil.

It is a documentary about Polishness and patriotism. Its purpose is to demonstrate these values ​​in a completely different way – adapted to the current era. This was the task set by scientists from the Poznań Political Laboratory of the Institute of Psychology of the Polish Academy of Sciences. In the film “Poland” besides others, Czesław Mozil and Jan Błachowicz were also performed by Tymoteusz’s sister Gil from the boys’ home in Broniszewice.

As shown, according to research conducted by the team of the Poznań Political Laboratory of the Institute of Psychology of the Polish Academy of Sciences, approximately 60% of Polish men have problems with the Polish language. Scholars distinguish several dominant attitudes toward their nation. Among these 60% there are people who are completely indifferent to Polish or are ashamed of it, and those who have a negative attitude towards foreigners and believe that Poles are better and more distinguished than them. The remaining 40% are characterized by a secure identity, which is characterized by people who are open, have a positive attitude towards their fellow citizens, and are willing to work for society.

The film, titled “Polishness,” aims to encourage viewers to explore different perspectives on national identity. We meet eight characters who come from different backgrounds and are very different from each other, but they share a strong and secure bond with Poland.

“Research has shown that when people meet people who are somewhat similar to them, who are authorities for them and talk about Poland promoting safe identification, there is a possibility that the level of this identification will rise. We want viewers,” and by getting to know the heroes of our film, they saw that the Polish language It can be wonderful, constructive and inclusive. This does not mean that we should be uncritical towards ourselves and other Poles. We see our flaws, but we can also work to correct them. “ – says Dr. Habb. Professor IP PAN Marta Marchlewska from the Poznań Political Laboratory of the Institute of Psychology of the Polish Academy of Sciences.

One of the heroines of the film “Polishness” is Timothy’s sister Gale, who takes care of children with disabilities on a daily basis in the children’s home in Broniszewice. Her Polish connection is also with the church, but she realizes that not everyone has to see it that way. He emphasizes that you do not have to be Catholic to be Polish.

In the film we also see Jan Blachowicz, the Polish MMA actor, and the distinguished Polish neuroscientist and astrobiology, Dr. Agata Kolodziejczyk. Sisters Ula Zawadzka and Angelika Wińska, who after years of living and studying in big cities decided to return to their native Podlasie, where they run a restaurant serving regional products, are the oldest resident of the village of Milejczyce – Nina Mikołajewicz. War, including the war taking place beyond our eastern borders, is an important topic discussed by the characters in “Poland.” Marek Janowski, a paramedic from Przemysl, is proud of the way Poles can come together in difficult moments, such as in helping refugees from Ukraine. However, Czesław Mozil is not sure whether he will defend his homeland in the event of a war, even though it is very important to him.

“Polishness” is an innovative project, the first film about Poland created by scientists. Now the movie can be watched for free online.

Scientists are often accused of doing science for themselves. Research results are published in databases, articles, and books that are read only by a narrow academic circle. We show that social sciences are necessary and beneficial to society – Dr. Habb says. Marta Marchlewska, Professor. IP PAN from Poznań Political Laboratory. – We want this film to help prevent the political polarization that we are dealing with in Poland, especially in recent years. If we begin to see ourselves as Poles rather than as voters of particular parties, we will be able to move beyond the political narratives that divide us. These types of interventions can help build unity in the community.” Marzelewska sums up.

Author: Y

Added: 28 May 2024 21:30

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

“Letters to M.6.” Massage Store on set! He previously spoke of a “lack of courage.”

“Letters to M.” It was first shown in 2011. Since then, five…

Who played in “Themselves”? Try to match the actors to their roles in this great movie! Test solution

“alone together” It is a film released in… 1967 p. Andrzej Mularczyk…

The Punisher (2004). The best embodiment of this character

Over the past dozen years or so, entertainment cinema has been dominated…

‘Dancing with the Stars’: Siluya Bomba disagrees with the judges’ opinion!

The Gogglebox star was seriously injured. She had a broken rib for…