- Vladimir Putin added that “only professional soldiers perform the tasks assigned to them.”
- Today, Monday, the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces reported that the Russian army lost soldiers during the 11-day aggression against Ukraine.
- Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine, Irina Vereshchuk, announced that Moscow refuses to transfer the bodies of Russian soldiers. – The Russians do not even want to negotiate on this issue. They seem to think that the corpses of their military personnel are not worth the trouble to return to their homeland and bury them humanely
- You can follow information on the defense of Ukraine 24 hours a day on our website direct relationships
- More important information can be found on Onet homepage. If you do not want to miss any important news – subscribe to Our newsletter
I would like to address the mothers, wives, sisters, fiancés and girlfriends of our soldiers and officers who are now fighting to defend Russia as part of a special military operation. I understand how worried you are for your loved ones. You can be proud of them, just as the whole country is proud of them and worries them with you – said the President of Russia.
Putin announced that there would be no additional recruitment of army reservists. – I assure that the conscripts are not and will not participate in military operations. He said there would also be no additional recruitment for army reservists.
“Only professionals are the ones who perform the tasks assigned to them,” he added. “I am convinced that they will reliably provide security and peace to the Russian people,” he said.
The rest of the article is available under the video:
Russia does not want to accept the bodies of soldiers
This was reported by Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine Irina Vereshchuk Moscow refuses to transfer the bodies of Russian soldiers. In her opinion, the Kremlin is trying to hide the scale of losses on its part in this way, according to the Ukrainian Interfax agency. – The Russians do not even want to negotiate on this issue. It is clear that they believe that the bodies of their military personnel are not worth the trouble to return to their homeland and bury them humanely – added Wereszczuk.
– Of course, we are shocked by such cruelty even towards our own people. But this will not stop our army. We are on our own land – confirmed the Deputy Prime Minister.
More than 11,000 Ukrainian Armed Forces General Staff reported on Monday that the Russian army had lost soldiers during the 11 days of aggression against Ukraine, also noting losses of Russian equipment.
The Russian side is reluctant to report its losses. It has released official statements only once since the start of the invasion of Ukraine. On Wednesday, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced, in an official statement, that since February 24 – when Russia attacked Ukraine – 498 Russian soldiers and 1,000 soldiers have been killed in these operations. 597 were injured.
Thank you for being with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”