- Earlier, the Armenian prime minister criticized Russia’s military alliance building for not doing enough to stop Azerbaijan’s aggression
- Unfortunately, at the CSTO summit held yesterday, we failed to reach a joint statement on two very important documents, Pashinyan said at Thursday’s meeting of the government’s cabinet.
- After this decision, Putin met with him behind the scenes. “It is rare for us to reach an agreement on all issues,” he stressed.
- And the recordings from the summit, which took place in a nervous atmosphere, migrated to the Internet. One of them shows how the Prime Minister of Armenia clearly avoids approaching Vladimir Putin in a joint photo
- More important information can be found on the Onet homepage
Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan said at a cabinet meeting on Thursday that yesterday’s meeting of the Collective Security Council (CSTO) in Yerevan was “positive”, although it failed to come up with a joint statement on the matter. Azerbaijan’s aggression against Armenia.
– Unfortunately, at yesterday’s CSTO summit, we failed to reach a joint statement on two very important documents. I want to say that I thought it was a very open, honest and positive discussion. Pashinyan said that these two documents have been sent for review.
At Wednesday’s session of the Collective Security Treaty Organization, the leaders of the member states prepared a statement on aid to Armenia, but Pashinyan refused to sign it. Earlier, the Armenian prime minister criticized the Russian-backed military alliance for not doing enough to stop it Azerbaijani aggression against Armenia.
After this decision, Putin decided to meet with Pashinyan. The Russian president commented on Pashinyan’s decision, saying: “It is rare to reach agreement on all issues, but in general, the work was intense and very useful.”
A video appeared on the Internet showing the moment Pashinyan refused to sign his name. The video shows the reaction of Vladimir Putin, who reacted nervously, as he threw a pen over the documents. Also useful is the reaction of Alexander Lukashenko, who helplessly spread his hands in response.
“Nikol Pashinyan refused to sign the declaration after the CSTO summit. In fact, this means that the CSTO has completely disintegrated. Putin dropped his pen, and Lukashenko was shocked,” Anton Hiryashchenko, advisor to the Minister of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, said. Comment on Twitter.
The CSTO summit was held in a nervous atmosphere, and the Prime Minister of Armenia questioned the effectiveness of the alliance.
Another video from the summit also appeared on the network, in which the Prime Minister of Armenia clearly avoids approaching Vladimir Putin in a joint photo. However, before that, he personally received him at Yerevan airport and had a face-to-face conversation with him.
Source: Interfax, Anadolu Agency, Onet, Twitter
Created: Today 15:06
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”