November 27, 2022

MoviesOnline

Complete Canadian News World

Philip Bond was already blacklisted

Philip Bond was already blacklisted

Comedian Philip Bond has stepped down from public life amid allegations of sexual abuse from eight women. PresJupiter had already been blacklisted by major cultural organizations for years.

• Read more: Philip Bond case: A complainant was contacted by the Godino police

• Read more: Sexual misconduct allegations: Philip Bond dropped by Bell Media

Two giants of comedy in Quebec, the Just for Laughs group and Comédiha!, as well as one of the most important television producers, Guillaume Lesperance (Everyone is talking about it, bye bye), they ceased or at least significantly reduced their collaboration with the fallen artist.

“We have not cooperated with Philip Bond for some time now. In fact, people at home have confided in us and expressed their discomfort in working with Mr. Bond”, he pointed out in a statement. Register ComedyHa! First Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, François Lapointe.


Speaking on 98.5 FM’s airwaves on Thursday, Just For Laughs Group’s vice president of French content, Patrick Rozon, said it was starting to exclude Bond from its shows starting in 2020, as rumors swirled.

“We asked him, and what happened was, in programming, quietly, he was less. We made that choice.


On Twitter, producer Guillaume Lesperance said he had refused to hire Philip Bond for his projects “for years”.

“This morning’s article [jeudi] This explains the decision,” he said, saluting the courage of the victims.

See also  The Rolling Stones are turning 60

In PresEight women reported various forms of sexual abuse, ranging from groping to forced seduction (See opposite text) and a sexual relationship in which Bond allegedly involved them between 2006 and 2015.

About half of them testified openly.

1R In July, comedian Thomas Levack accused Bond of being a rapist during a podcast recording at the Emerging Humor Festival in ABTP-Temiskaming. When the clip went viral on the Internet, Bond threatened to sue Levac, claiming his innocence.

However, on Thursday morning, he put his career on hold. In a statement posted on Instagram, Bond announced that he would be ending his tour and stepping down from hosting the show. It’s still funFor Energy, “Respect for my colleagues and my bosses”.

“I have to protect and take care of my loved ones, but above all I have to be there for my children and my wife. It saddens me to think what they have to do with me because nothing is more important to me than them,” she shared.

Apart from this Instagram post, Philip Bond has erased all traces of his presence on social networks and closed his official website.

Bell Media, for its part, has ended its business relationship with the comedian. In an email sent to Register Its public relations department, Bell Media notes that Philip Bond “will no longer be part of the radio program”.

“We will stop broadcasting his interviews and personal shows on all our platforms,” ​​the company added.

For its part, Evenko has announced that the Philip Bond Show tour has been canceled and ticket holders will be refunded.

See also  Here are all the Quebec stars on the red carpet for the premiere of Rock of Ages

The comedian is not facing any criminal charges at this time.

– With Rafael Gendron-Martin

Comedian and author Kim Levesque-Lissette responded on her personal Facebook page. A lot of wasted time, additional victims, and network victims can be avoided if you take the time, time and place, to question yourself, seek help, and admit your mistakes to those around you. , the media frenzy, the victims must muster the courage to go public by describing their trauma, so that finally, finally, there is a moment when people are exposed, and a sense of justice and reparation can be drowned out of it all.

– Raphael Gendron-Martin

Mike Ward made the decision a few years ago not to invite Philip Bond on his podcast. under asking, because his name was on the list of Internet abusers. “I did it so we wouldn’t feel awkward,” he said Register, other comedians are no longer invited either. “We are not banning anyone who has done nothing.” Asked if the comedy community is sick of the scandals surrounding Gilbert Rosen, Julien Lacroix and Philip Bond, Mike Ward responded in the negative. “But we’re cleaning up, I guess. [des personnes aux comportements répréhensibles].” While the content of his Friday night show at the Bell Center has not been determined in advance, Mike Ward has hinted that he and his guests will talk about the Bond affair on stage.

– Raphael Gendron-Martin