According to American scientists, the flu vaccine can provide great protection against COVID-19. – It should be noted right away that it is not a substitute for preparations against COVID-19 and thanks to it the antibodies that neutralize the coronavirus will not appear. However, there is more and more evidence that regular vaccinations stimulate the immune system to fight various pathogens – says Dr. Peter Rezemsky.
Watch the movie: “Dr. Bawek Grzysiewski talks about Duda’s anti-vaccine statements”
1. Low risk of severe COVID-19 infection in people who have been vaccinated against influenza
searching for The effect of the flu vaccine on the course of COVID-19 It was conducted by American scientists from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
The researchers analyzed the medical data of 74,754 patients, making this the largest study of its kind.
In a publication we read in the peer-reviewed journal PLoS One, researchers noted that people who receive flu shots each year have a lower risk of infection. Serious complications after COVID-19. These findings confirm previous reports about the association of regular vaccinations with susceptibility to infectious diseases.
2. Flu and COVID-19 vaccines. Amazing search results
The study was based on patient data from all over the world, including the USA, Great Britain, Germany, Italy, Israel and Singapore. In order to select the appropriate group of patients, a team of researchers had to analyze the de-identified electronic medical records of more than 70 million patients. Factors that can influence susceptibility to acute COVID-19 infection were also taken into account, including age, gender, ethnicity, smoking and chronic diseases such as diabetes, obesity and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
In this way, the researchers selected a group of target patients who were then divided into two subgroups. People in the first group received a flu shot about six months before they were diagnosed with COVID-19. The second group also confirmed that they had the coronavirus but had not been vaccinated against influenza.
The analysis showed that Those who did not receive the vaccine were more likely to contract severe COVID-19. As much as 58 percent. They called ambulances more often, and they also had 20 percent. Increased risk of admission to the intensive care unit.
In addition, they have experienced more frequent complications after COVID-19, such as:
The risk of death remained the same in both groups.
According to scientists, the results of these studies clearly show that The flu vaccine may protect against some of the dangerous effects of COVID-19. However, researchers strongly emphasize that influenza vaccine does not protect as effectively as COVID-19 preparations, ensuring Over 90 percent protection from developing severe COVID-19 symptoms.
3. Vaccinated people have a ‘trained’ immune system
as he says Doctor Hebb. Med. Piotr RzymskiA biologist from the University of Medical Sciences in Poznan, who mitigates the effect of influenza vaccination on the course of COVID-19, remains a hypothesis that has not been taken for granted in the scientific community.
– There is still no conclusive evidence to support this thesis, but it is known that every vaccine trains the immune system. In addition to stimulating the pathogen-specific response, it also activates nonspecific mechanisms of the immune system. – says Dr. Rzymski. – So it’s possible that People who are vaccinated regularly have a more efficient immune systemHe adds that it responds faster and better to various infections.
In addition, Dr. Rzymski points out that people who receive flu vaccinations often take greater care of their health.
– So we can assume that these people are also more aware of COVID-19 issues, and often they comply better with health rules. And if they are infected with the Corona virus, they monitor their condition, measure the saturation level with a home pulse oximeter, and get to the help of doctors faster, and all this increases the chances of developing a less severe disease – the expert explains.
4. The flu vaccine is not a substitute for COVID-19 preparations
However, Dr. Roman confirms it After the flu vaccine, we will not develop neutralizing antibodies to SARS-CoV-2That will protect us from the development of symptoms of the disease. This is only possible if you are taking COVID-19 preparations.
He agrees too the professor. Agnieszka Szuster-Ciesielska From the Department of Virology and Immunology at the Institute of Biological Sciences, UMCS.
When we get a flu shot there is only a specific response to the flu virus. Specific antibodies and T-lymphocytes resulting from vaccination do not recognize the coronavirus – explains Professor. Zoster Sisselska.
Do you have news, photo or video? Send us via dziejesie.wp.pl
Do you need a doctor’s consultation, electronic dispensing or prescription? Follow abcZdrowie find a doctor And arrange a fixed visit with specialists from all over Poland or teleport on the spot.
“Infuriatingly humble musicaholic. Problem solver. Reader. Hardcore writer. Alcohol evangelist.”