Correspondence from Qatar
The press conference cannot start with anything else. On the first question, the issue of Wednesday’s speech by Michniewicz was raised. The Chosen One put on a real show. Many of his statements had a strong resonance in the environment.
“Let’s start with the fact that I don’t know what words are…
– For example, what is the most attacking line-up the selector could place or where Krystian Bielik would be put out. In general, his tone was understood in a certain way.
– There was no media activity planned, and the fact that I wanted to talk to the journalists was because they were standing in the sun. I walked in, said hello, said it was hot and asked how they got along without alcohol. Some answered that it was good, others that it was hard. I replied that, unfortunately, I do not turn water into wine. And today you can read in the media that I think I have weak players because I don’t turn water into wine. Everything is recorded, and anyone can play the video and see who has the intentions and who is writing nonsense.
Michniewicz then indicated different ideas about the starting lineup. – If you want to involve one or another player, I simply say: “Well, just tell me who.” If you want a second striker or Krystian Bielik, you have to kick someone out of that team. Where is the arrogance here and where are the bad intentions? I didn’t have to speak at all, but I did because I wanted you to know what the national team was all about.
– When I saw that this is the scandal … it reflects badly not on me, but on whoever writes this nonsense – Michniewitz ended the topic.
– I will not talk about tactics, because later it is misunderstood. Everyone misinterprets it. We have plenty of time to make a final decision. I know what line-up we will play and what the changes will be compared to the last match, but this is not the place and time to talk about it out loud – said Michniewicz when asked about the plan for the match against Saudi Arabia.
In addition to the coach, Jakub Kaminski and Michal Skorach appeared at Thursday’s press conference. However, Michniewicz did not want to reveal if any of them would play against Arabia. – Kuba and Michał are ready, like everyone else. Attendance at the conference does not guarantee a place on the team. I do not exclude that at some point I thought about changing Micha for Cuba. I asked Cuba how he feels physically. He replied that he was very good and would like to play to the end – Michniewicz commented on this subject.
– Before the tournament there were many voices why Glik and why Krychowiak. I’m so glad their performance against Mexico looked like this – rate the coach.
Meanwhile, Kaminsky was asked about the change in the Saudi national team’s outlook after the victory over Argentina (2: 1). According to the journalist, Hervé Renard players were previously seen as “options”. The Wolfsburg winger let it through, but the coach later got back into the problem. “They will not let you into Saudi Arabia,” said the mukhtar.
“Bacon scholar. Incurable social media ninja. Professional travel aficionado. Beer buff.”