- The Italian right-wing newspaper, Il Giornale, was the first to announce the whole thing on Sunday. The authenticity of the reports was confirmed on Tuesday by both Helena Daly herself and European Commission spokesman Eric Mammer
- The European Commission document, reported by the Italian tabloid, shows that the guidelines were set up “to reflect diversity” and to combat “stereotypes deeply rooted in individual and group behaviour”.
- According to Delly’s intention, this will be achieved through the application of specific recommendations listed in the attached table
- More similar information can be found on Onet homepage
Among the phrases that the Vice-President of the European Commission considered “non-exhaustive”, for example, is the following: “Christmas can be stressful.” Instead, say, “The holiday season can be stressful.”
There are also phrases unfavorable by the Maltese politician, there are also English phrases “Miss” (meaning unmarried woman) or “Mrs” (meaning married woman) and French “Mesdames et Messieurs” (ladies and gentlemen). Unless the recipients agree to use it.
The rest of the article is below the video.
‘Il Giornale’ also reported that the Vice-President of the European Commission recommended systematic replacement – where possible – of names of Christian origin with universal equivalents, so that instead of ‘Mary (Maria) and Jean (John) international pair’ to use ‘Malika and Jules (Juliusz)’ are An international couple.
The publication of information about the guidelines sparked a wave of ridicule on Italian social media from local politicians.
– Mary, mother. Jean Father. Long live Christmas. I hope that no one in Europe will be offended … – said Matteo Salvini, head of the Right-wing League and former deputy prime minister, adding that the actions of the European Commission were “crazy”.
Giorgia Meloni, leader of the Fratelli d’Italia (Italian Brotherhood), assessed that “in the name of a blind ideology, the culture of (European) nations is being suppressed. Our history and our identity should not be erased, but to be respected.”
Helena Daly issued a statement, Tuesday, announcing the withdrawal of the guidelines. However, she added that she is already working on their new version.
We are glad you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us
“Coffee enthusiast. Troublemaker. Incurable introvert. Subtly charming twitter scholar. Award-winning social mediaholic. Internet buff.”