It couldn’t be otherwise – Karim Benzema is collecting more of the glories of the great season he played for Real Madrid. During the Champions League draw today, the striker Los Blancos He was named UEFA Player of the Year (UEFA Player of the Year). About twelve days ago, three finalists who could win this cup were announced and among the favorites to win are also Thibaut Courtois and Kevin De Bruyne. The French player received the most votes from a jury of 80 coaches from the clubs that participated in the group stages of the UEFA 2021/22 group stage (32) and UEFA Europa League (48), as well as 55 journalists selected by the group. European sports media.
The award has been awarded since 2011, although it was previously named UEFA Best Player in Europe. Every year it is won by the best footballer playing in a European club. The only player to win this award three times and the only player to win this award twice in a row is Cristiano Ronaldo. The first winner in this poll was Lionel Messi and the other Jorginho. Four years ago, Luka Modric was victorious.
This time around, there was no question as to who would take the award because last season Benzema was by far the most outstanding player on European stadiums. The 34-year-old won the Champions League, La Liga and the Spanish Super Cup with Real Madrid. In addition, the French were the top scorers in the Champions League and picchi first degree. Karim played 46 color matches Los Blancos He scored 44 goals, including 15 assists. Besides his acting, he also reached the Nations League, scoring goals in the semi-finals against Belgium and the final against Spain.
At the end of May this year, Benzema also stayed on He was elected the best player in the Champions League 2021/22, and obtained the statuette before winning the European Super Cup match with Eintracht. The Frenchman is also the main contender to win the Ballon d’Or and win the award Betterawarded by FIFA.
Best Player in the European Football Championship 2021/22
1. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid) – 523 points
2. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) 122 points
3. Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid) 118 points
4. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern / Barcelona and Poland) 54 points
5. Luka Modric (Real Madrid and Croatia) – 52 points
6. Sadio Mane (Liverpool / Bayern and Senegal) – 51 points
7. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt) – 46 points
8. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain and France) – 25 points
9. Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid and Brazil) – 21 points
10 – Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool and Holland) 19 points
11. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal) – 7 points
12 – Filip Kostic (Eintracht Frankfurt, Serbia) 7 points
13. Lorenzo Pellegrini (Rome and Italy) – 5 points
14. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool, England) – 2 points
15. Fabinho (Liverpool and Brazil) – 1 point
best football player: Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
Best coach: Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid)
UEFA President’s Award: Arrigo Saki
“Bacon scholar. Incurable social media ninja. Professional travel aficionado. Beer buff.”