I just watched the Lockout trailer this week that was newly released and it looks like it could be a ton of fun. Set in the near future, Lockout follows a falsely convicted ex-government agent (Pearce), whose one chance at obtaining freedom lies in the dangerous mission of rescuing the President’s daughter (Grace) from rioting convicts at an outer space maximum security prison.
The angle here is that SNOW played by Guy Pearce is the only man that can save the day. For better or worse though it looks like a rip off of Escape from New York / Escape from LA ( only in space ) right down to the main character who reminds me in every possible way of Kurt Russel’s character Snake Plissken.
- Presidents Daughter kidnapped
- Only one man can save the day ( Snow )
- SNOW is a complete bad ass who is also wanted
- She is captured in a Prison
- Presidents Daughter and or President Captured
- Only one man can save the day ( Snake Plissken )
- Snake Plissken is a complete bad ass and wanted.
- He / She ( depending again on which one we are talking about ) has been captured by prisoners.
So Lockout looks cool but I kinda wonder why they didnt just call it Escape From Earth and cast Kurt or some dude that looks like him to play Snake and save the day. It opens this April and I for one will definitely be going to see Guy Pearce and the gorgeous Maggie Grace go to war in a space prison full of rejects and nut jobs. This is one time where I am happy to see the similarity since the sequel to Escape from LA ‘Escape From Earth’ which Gerard Butler was supposed to play Snake Plissken in appears to be very much dead.