You’ll be hard pressed to find a film as enormously awesome, and legitimately entertaining, as The Warrior’s Way. A bizarre pastiche of samurai film and western, Warrior’s Way somehow manages to find just the right balance of ludicrous and fantastic, with it’s tongue firmly planted in it’s cheek but never letting us know that it’s in on the joke. It’s like a Terry Gilliam Cannon film.
Here’s a list of the things this movie has:
- Circus Freaks.
- Tony Cox, playing the character “8-Ball”.
- A whole TOWN full of circus freaks.
- Geoffrey Rush
- Kate Bosworth’s hilarious overacting. Then throwing knives.
- Not backing down out when it comes to violence.
- Geoffrey Rush playing the town drunk.
- Better CG blood than Expendables.
- Freakin’ Danny Huston! With a scar on his face!
- Interesting characters.
- Stunning visuals.
- Geoffrey Rush playing the town drunk, shooting sticks of dynamite from a ferris wheel.
If you don’t like these things in a movie, then you’ve failed as a human being. For everyone else, there’s The Warrior’s Way. Check it out, you won’t regret it.