I’m pretty sure that most fans have by now heard of Kevin Smith’s forthcoming horror movie Red State. And that’s pretty much all we have heard. Facts are pretty thin on the ground at the moment, even the IMBD page for the movie has minimal information. Apart from the cast and crew list, which doesn’t even give most of the character names, we have a simple 1 sentence synopsis.
“A horror film in which a group of misfits encounter fundamentalism gone to the extreme in Middle America.”
That’s it, end of synopsis.
Not much to whet our appetite for this movie apart from the fact that it’s Kevin Smith making a horror film. So here’s a few snippets of information from Kevin’s Twitter feed that might just give us a bit more of an insight into the film.
- Filming is nearly over, there are about 5 days or so left to shoot.
- He’s editing it on a daily basis so by the time the wrap party comes around everybody involved will be able to see the finished article.
- He’s calling it a “Christploitation” film and says it turns the 70′s genre of devil worship movies on their head making it “an exploitation flick about angel worship”.
- He’s hoping to show it at Sundance in January.
- And, lastly, here’s a direct quote from him that holds a lot of promise “You won’t forget our first kill. Guar-an-teed…”
Well writing this got me more interested in the movie and I hope reading it did the same for you. If you want the latest news on the movie, from the man himself, you can always follow @ThatKevinSmith on Twitter and while you’re there why not follow @HorrorMovies for the latest horror news?